Can I get a refund from Shopify for a bogus purchase?

Kitkatgsi
Visitor
1 0 0

I bought via this and the company is bogus. I never received my order. They used a bogus tracking number as it doesn’t correlate with my address and I can find no way of contacting anyone. The company has been slated on social media for doing this to lots of people and has disappeared and I need to find out how to get a refund. I thought shopify was safe

Reply 1 (1)

Shay
Shopify Staff
2780 440 566

Hi @Kitkatgsi 

Thank you for reaching out here and for detailing the situation you are in. I am really sorry to hear that you never received the product you ordered. This is never a great situation to be in, especially if the business is no longer active or not responding to your messages. 

If you are unable to contact the store to work out a refund you will instead want to contact your bank to open an investigation. They have policies in place designed to help support buyers in this situation. 

Shopify is the platform many stores use to host their business. Our support does not have the ability to manage orders, payments or refunds on behalf of a store owner. Your bank or credit card provider will be able to assist you further in this matter. 

Shay | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog