What should I sell on Shopify as a beginner?

Knugen
Shopify Partner
8 0 1

I am totally new to this, I just get a feel that I want to start doing some hussle on the side of my main job.

I have no clue, where should I begin?

I dont really know WHAT I want to sell, I do know that it cannot be anything I create myself, due to lack of time

Replies 3 (3)

Nia
Shopify Staff
537 38 79

Hi, @!

Dropshipping would be the perfect business model for you. This eliminates the need to create any products yourself as you will have your orders fulfilled by a third-party supplier. We have a great guide to Dropshipping so you can learn more about this business model.

We have a great app called Oberlo which is specifically designed for dropshipping.

Oberlo is a platform where you’ll find millions of products that you can start selling today. Oberlo is a great way to find products in popular niches like women’s and men’s fashion, beauty, jewellery, home and garden, sports, and more.

With Oberlo, you can access a variety of different products from different suppliers around the world and sync them directly into your store. Here is an Intro to dropshipping with Oberlo.

In regards to deciding on a product to sell, the options are endless! However, I'd like to provide you with a list of the Best Dropshipping Products to Sell in 2021. This would be the perfect place to start!

Have you already opened a store with Shopify?

Nia | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

Knugen
Shopify Partner
8 0 1

Thanks for reply.

I have not opened a store yet, only in development stage.

However, is it required/recommended to have area of expertise in the area im selling products in?

Nia
Shopify Staff
537 38 79

It would be very beneficial to have expertise in the products you sell for a number of reasons but I'll list a few below -

• Having the ability to identify whether your customers and target market are a great fit for the product.
  • Creating a better customer experience as you'll be able to better answer any queries, have accuracy when selling the product and provide satisfactory service to your customers.
  • Knowing your product will mean you can optimize your marketing strategy which in turn, affects your traffic, conversion and sales.

You can utilize our Shopify Blog site that has an array of guides you can read in order to help you out with sales, products, strategies etc!

Nia | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog