Why isn't my name update reflecting for identity verification on Shopify?

Ringsque100
Visitor
2 0 0

Hi there, I'm wondering about an inquiry I made back in June about my identity verification on my shopify account, I explained previously that I signed up with my married name and do not have an identification with said name on it. I was advised to send my maiden name and it would be changed so I could verify my account.

It has now been 5 months with no update and I am still unable to verify my identity as my name has not been changed.
I would love to hear back from you.

Thank you.
Replies 3 (3)

Rick
Shopify Staff
946 88 146

@Ringsque100 

Thanks for letting us know about this. It sounds like you are referring to your Shopify Payments verification is that right? 

From what I can gather, you would indeed need to get the name on the account changed, in order to be able to submit the required documents. This verification process would be a requirement from our banking partners in order to get your account setup.

Have you received any correspondence from us via email with regards to this? Some of our teams are facing long wait-times due to an unprecedented demand. We aren't able to view any account specifics here on the forums, so I would recommend reaching out to Shopify Support in this case. One of our support advisors will be able to check in on this for you and see if there have been any updates. They may not be able to speed things up for the moment, but it is certainly worth checking in.

Let me know how that goes, as I would like to make sure this gets looked after for you!

Rick | Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

Ringsque100
Visitor
2 0 0

Thank you for a speedy reply

yes I am referring to the Shopify payments verification, I corresponded via email with the Shopify team back in June and followed the advice I was given. I was told it may take a few months to get it changed which was fine, I just haven’t received any updates or follow ups about the matter. 

Shopify support is not easy to navigate in a sense that I can’t find the right option or contact to help with this particular problem I’m having. Are you able to direct me on the right path? 
Thank you. 

Rick
Shopify Staff
946 88 146

Hey @Ringsque100 

No problem, happy to help!

When you click my link in the last post, it will bring you to a page where it asks you to log in to your account. After doing that you can select the store that this query relates to. The next page you will see there is a search bar, where it asks you to search for a topic (this is designed to try help merchants by providing information related to their query, that might answer their question). 

You can feel free to type anything into this search bar and click 'Search'. In my example screenshot below I simply searched 'Shopify Payments'. At the bottom of the next search results page, you can see there is a green button that says 'Continue'. You can click that, which will show you the various available options to contact support. Let me know if that works OK for you!

06-10-72647-20860

06-11-10618-3734

Rick | Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog