im supposed to pay 1 dollar for 3 months but got charged 60??

im supposed to pay 1 dollar for 3 months but got charged 60??

ronselmani
Visitor
1 0 1

I've subscribed to the 1 dollar a month for 3 months promo and I've seen that i gotten a charge from shopify for 62.45 cents  this is a ripoff and i would like my money back immediately. I will be contacting my back and the BBB about this case and this misleading advert that suggests i will only pay 1 dollar, when in fact they lie and charge you the full price. I am very disappointed in shopify for praying on their users with false advertising and promotions.

Replies 7 (7)

Olivia
Shopify Staff
1725 146 310

Hi, @ronselmani!

Welcome to Shopify Community.

Thank you so much for connecting with us and sharing your concerns. Firstly, I want to clarify that there are some scenarios in which you may experience charges that are unrelated to your subscription fee.

This could include things like a third-party app that you sign up for, that may have separate billing. Alternatively, if you were in fact charged for your Shopify subscription there may be another reason the promotion failed to apply. To confirm, you can view all the charges in your billing cycle through the following:

Steps:

1. From your Shopify admin, go to Settings > Billing.

2. Select a recent bill.

3. Click Download.

We can only offer this insight by looking into your account and the charges. Please connect with our Live Team at your earliest convenience so we can begin our investigation and offer next steps.

We look forward to connecting, 

Olivia | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

Twoodlepip
Excursionist
30 0 7

Hi Olivia,

I too am experiencing the same issue but it's pre-charge.

I have used the 3 day trial and am now trying to avail of the $1 first month offer yet when I select a plan I am asked to pay full price. 

Is this $1 offer just false advertising by Shopify?

Shay
Shopify Staff
2987 462 612

Hi there @Twoodlepip, thank you for joining the conversation. If you are also not seeing this offer in your admin please connect with our authenticated chat support to report this and receive additional support. The $1 for the first month offer is still active and should be available to all new merchants. 

To access our authenticated support, please follow this link: Shopify Help Center. Open the AI chat window and type "contact support" to get started. 

Shay | Social Care @ Shopify 

chezz
Visitor
1 0 0

Is the promotion only available to new merchants? I received an email from Shopify saying that they understand that starting a business is hard and may not always work on the first try so they will allow me to "restart" with a free trial and then $1 for the next 3 months once the trial is over. But, when I go to "restart" I am only given the option to pay the full $39/month of the basic plan.

Caldeira
6 0 0

Hey Olivia.

Im having the same issue but with the basic plan, I signed up in March using the 1€ for 3 months but now Im gonna get billed 32€ for my second month?

All the apps I use have a free plan so it can't be the apps and I would like to know how to pay the 1€ for the last 2 months.

Maazsheikh
Visitor
1 0 0

Hi Shopify Expert, I have been charged for $25 in second month and I have subscribed to $1 for 3-Months subscription. Why I have been charged for $25?

Shay
Shopify Staff
2987 462 612

Hi @Maazsheikh 

Sorry to hear about this billing issue. Our community team doesn't have access to account details or billing, so I can't confirm what happened here. Please connect with our authenticated chat support team in our Help Center for further support.

Shay | Social Care @ Shopify