Import Customers from Etsy

Solved
WishyWashyCloth
Excursionist
30 0 4

I've downloaded my CSV files from Etsy and would like to import my customer data.  The problem is that Etsy doesn't give me their email addresses, so Shopify doesn't want to import them.  Is there any way around this?  I want the customers to help the Kit app target the market for my ads.

Accepted Solution (1)

Accepted Solutions
Dirk
Shopify Staff
1232 148 269

This is an accepted solution.

Hey, @WishyWashyCloth 

As long as you are using the Shopify customer CSV template, you can upload customers via CSV without filling out the email field. I have taken a screenshot of an example CSV template that was used that had a missing email field, here.

You can download the sample CSV template here to ensure you are using the proper CSV template. Otherwise, a CSV cannot be uploaded to Shopify it is not identical to this one. 

If there is anything else I can help you with, please let me know.

Dirk | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

View solution in original post

Replies 3 (3)
Dirk
Shopify Staff
1232 148 269

This is an accepted solution.

Hey, @WishyWashyCloth 

As long as you are using the Shopify customer CSV template, you can upload customers via CSV without filling out the email field. I have taken a screenshot of an example CSV template that was used that had a missing email field, here.

You can download the sample CSV template here to ensure you are using the proper CSV template. Otherwise, a CSV cannot be uploaded to Shopify it is not identical to this one. 

If there is anything else I can help you with, please let me know.

Dirk | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

View solution in original post

WishyWashyCloth
Excursionist
30 0 4

Thanks so much!

blisuptown
1 0 0

Hi - we are trying to import a .csv file of our customers. The file we created conforms to the .csv template, and is accepted as a .csv file when we begin to import. However, none of the actual customer files are uploaded to our Shopify customer db. We do not collect emails, but understand that the field should simply be empty. We would love to know why Shopify is not accepting this customer information. Any thoughts?

Many thanks, the Team at blis