Importing CSV file error message

OffMainGifts
2 0 0

Hey there - I am attempting to import products from inventory and ecomm from lightspeed to shopify. I am using the shopify templates. When I attempt to load the 2 csv files (ecomm products and inventory products) using the store importer I get an error message on the ecomm csv file that says "not a recognize file". It recognizes the csv file for inventory though.

I thought importing directly into products (instead of Store Importer) might be a work around But I get this error message (I am using the template):

There was an error importing your CSV file. After you fix the error, try importing the CSV file again.

• Option value provided for unknown options

I looked at all products with options and they all have a value.

What am I missing?

Thanks!

HandleTitleBodyVendorTypeTagsPublishedOption 1 NameOption1 ValueOption2 NameOption2 ValueVariant SKUVariant Grams
sailors-promise-ringSailor's Promise Ring<p>The Sailor’s Promise Ring, a promise between two friends to always return to each other after life’s wildest storms. This anchor of friendship always holds true.</p>Kiel James PatrickRingsnautical, jewelry, anchorTRUEColorGoldSize5  
american-sailor-braceletAmerican Sailor Bracelet<p>Lanyard Hitch Collection bracelets are carefully handcrafted in Rhode Island from locally twisted nautical cord in a variety of classic New England colors. Solid brass hardware surrounds a cotton nautical cord, creating the perfect accessory.</p>Kiel James PatrickBraceletsnautical, jewelry, anchorTRUESizeS    
american-sailor-braceletAmerican Sailor Bracelet<p>Lanyard Hitch Collection bracelets are carefully handcrafted in Rhode Island from locally twisted nautical cord in a variety of classic New England colors. Solid brass hardware surrounds a cotton nautical cord, creating the perfect accessory.</p>Kiel James PatrickBraceletsnautical, jewelry, anchorTRUESizeXS    
pearl-sailor-braceletPearl Sailor Bracelet<p>Add an extra layer of glamour to your wrist with our new pearl and chain bracelets. Perfect for layering. Can be worn as a short necklace.<br /><br />Product Details:</p>

<ul>

<li>Hamilton gold coated chain individually soldered</li>

<li>Alternating 10 &amp; 8mm glass pearls</li>

<li>Champagne ribbon end </li>

<li>Anchor length is 1.25" (3.17cm)</li>

<li>Anchor width from widest point 0.75" (1.90cm)</li>

<li>Made in America</li>

</ul>
Kiel James PatrickBraceletsnautical, jewelry, anchorTRUESizeS    
cape-knot-hitchCape Knot Hitch<p>Carefully hand­-knotted in Rhode Island from locally twisted nautical cord in a variety of classic New England colors.</p>Kiel James PatrickBraceletsnautical, jewelry, anchorTRUESizeXS    
oysters-rockefeller-ringOysters Rockefeller Ring<p>The pearls on this elegant ring sit in open scallop shells attached by a band featuring a natural rope motif, the fibers of which are carefully preserved through the polishing process, resulting in a truly unique ring.</p>Kiel James PatrickRingsnautical, jewelry, anchorTRUEColorGoldSize5  
oysters-rockefeller-ringOysters Rockefeller Ring<p>The pearls on this elegant ring sit in open scallop shells attached by a band featuring a natural rope motif, the fibers of which are carefully preserved through the polishing process, resulting in a truly unique ring.</p>Kiel James PatrickRingsnautical, jewelry, anchorTRUEColorGoldSize7  
oysters-rockefeller-ringOysters Rockefeller Ring<p>The pearls on this elegant ring sit in open scallop shells attached by a band featuring a natural rope motif, the fibers of which are carefully preserved through the polishing process, resulting in a truly unique ring.</p>Kiel James PatrickRingsnautical, jewelry, anchorTRUEColorSilverSize6  
sailor-forever-knot-ringSailor Forever Knot Ring<p>The Sailor’s forever knot ring, a promise between two friends to always return to each other after life’s wildest storms. This anchor of friendship always holds true.</p>Kiel James PatrickRingsnautical, jewelry, anchorTRUEColorSilverSize6  
dawn-treader-braceletDawn Treader Bracelet<p>The Dawn Treader bracelet is inspired by misty mornings out on the water in the middle of summer. It goes great with just about anything, and the classic gold, blue and white color scheme works as well on the beach as it does at a fancy restaurant.</p>Kiel James PatrickBraceletsnautical, jewelry, anchorTRUESizeM    
dawn-treader-braceletDawn Treader Bracelet<p>The Dawn Treader bracelet is inspired by misty mornings out on the water in the middle of summer. It goes great with just about anything, and the classic gold, blue and white color scheme works as well on the beach as it does at a fancy restaurant.</p>Kiel James PatrickBraceletsnautical, jewelry, anchorTRUESizeXS    
drop-the-anchor-braceletDrop the Anchor Bracelet<p>An homage to the 80's classic, the slap bracelet is like a remastered version of your favorite VHS. The hand stitched needlepoint band is sleeker than the original, but the slap is just as satisfying. Leather lined, hand stitched needlepoint.</p>Kiel James PatrickBraceletsnautical, jewelry, anchorTRUESizeO/S    
surf-dustSurf Dust for the Bath<div class="tab-container js-tabs-content-container">

<div class="  tab-1 current checkMyHeight js-tab-1">

<div class="rte">

<div class="description">

<p>Your favorite bath bombs are now available in an easy to use multiple use jar! Just sprinkle as much as you like into your bath and let the relaxation begin!</p>

<ul>

<li>Available in a Large 16oz or Medium 8oz Jar</li>

<li>Made with high grade coconut oil and FDA approved bath bomb powder color.</li>

</ul>

</div>

</div>

</div>

</div>
Surfs UpBath BombTRUEScentCoconut LimeSizeLarge  
surf-dustSurf Dust for the Bath<div class="tab-container js-tabs-content-container">

<div class="  tab-1 current checkMyHeight js-tab-1">

<div class="rte">

<div class="description">

<p>Your favorite bath bombs are now available in an easy to use multiple use jar! Just sprinkle as much as you like into your bath and let the relaxation begin!</p>

<ul>

<li>Available in a Large 16oz or Medium 8oz Jar</li>

<li>Made with high grade coconut oil and FDA approved bath bomb powder color.</li>

</ul>

</div>

</div>

</div>

</div>
Surfs UpBath BombTRUEScentOcean BreezeSizeLarge  
0 Likes
Trevor
Community Moderator
Community Moderator
2951 383 594

@OffMainGifts 

Adding values to Option 1 Name for variants is likely causing the error. For example, you have "Size" in both "Option 1 Name" columns for "american-sailor-bracelet." A value for Option 1 Name only needs to appear once per product. The same rule applies for Option 2 & 3 Name columns. More information on product CSV files can be found here. 

If that doesn't solve your error, then please provide the CSV file so I can take a closer look. 

Trevor | Community Moderator @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes