Importing subscribing customers from Mailchimp?

Carlfredrik
Excursionist
21 0 7

Hello!

I have used Mailchimp for my E-mail newsletters so far, but I have now opened a Shopify store and would like to send my newsletters through Shopify instead.

I know how to import my customers email addresses but I do not know how to mark them all as subscribers.

Could anyone please help me on how to do it?!

Reagrds,

Carl

Replies 2 (2)

Ollie
Shopify Staff
2282 453 395

Hey @Carlfredrik.

Thanks for reaching out.

This is a great question! If you have imported your customers from MailChimp to your Shopify store, you should be able to see the list of customers by navigating to the Customer section of the Shopify admin. In order to mark all of your customers to accept marketing, you will need to select the desired customers accounts, or select all by using the checkbox located towards the top. I took a screenshot from my test store to show you the section I am referring to:

18-25-73041-52936

Once you select Edit customers, you will be taken to the customer bulk editor.You can then select add tag > accepts marketing if the tag is not added towards the top of the page.

18-28-96330-65659

After the tag has been applied, you can then check the boxes that appear beside your customer's name to allow them to accept marketing emails.

18-29-95902-95755

Let me know if you have any additional questions.

Ollie | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

Carlfredrik
Excursionist
21 0 7

Thank you very much for taking your time with this!

I will get on to it directly.

regards,

Carl