Impossible to find how to cancel my subscription AND "Contact Support" link is a dead link

Joshd1465767
1 0 0

Hi

I need to cancel my shopify plan immediately. I can't find anywhere to do this on my dashboard or in my account settings at all. If it is there it's been hidden extremely well. On top of this every "Contact Support" link which I can find goes to a page which does not load completely.

How can I cancel my plan? Should I just cancel my DD with my bank directly?

Replies 9 (9)
Helen
Shopify Staff
1398 170 232

Hi, @Joshd1465767

I’m Helen from Shopify Support. I’m here to help!

To cancel your Shopify store, please go to ‘Settings > Plans and Permissions (or Account)’ from your Shopify admin. 

Scroll to the bottom of the page to the Store status section and choose ‘Sell or Close store’ as seen below. These steps can also be found in the Help Doc for Closing your store.

20-04-9wcpb-y9p0c

I’m sorry to hear you are wanting to cancel your account. Is there something that you are struggling with on the platform? I’m happy to help if there is. Just let me know!

Helen | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

ssprenge
3 0 0

Under Settings there is no link for "Plans" or anything resembling that. No way to contact anyone directly to cancel my subscription.  You do this deliberately so that we can't cancel. 

Shay
Shopify Staff
528 87 105

Hi @ssprenge 

Thank you for posting in our community forums for help with closing your store. While we are sorry to hear that you won't be continuing with your store, I want to assure you that we absolutely do not want to keep you locked into the platform any longer then you desire. 

Our platform has changed since this thread was originally created, so the steps for closing your store and contacting support are a bit different. 

In your store admin, if your store is on a trial plan still, you will have the option to cancel the trial. If a paid plan has been chosen you should see this option in your store under Settings > Plans:

24-08-4036-77381

If you are having any difficulty finding this setting in your store admin our live support would be happy to assist you in this process. To contact our live support please follow this link: Shopify Help Center - Contact Support, sign into your store account, search for "Close store" and use the contact support button at the bottom of the search results to see all our live support options.  

Shay | Social Care @ Shopify 

ssprenge
3 0 0

Absolutely no help. I doubt that you even read my post. 

I'm trying to say that going on that page Admin/Settings/ there is no PLAN link at all. 

Unbelievable. Meanwhile I'm being charged every month. 

Shay
Shopify Staff
528 87 105

Hi @ssprenge 

Thank you for replying back and clarifying that for me. If you are not seeing option to access PLAN on the settings page this most likely means that you are currently signed in as a staff account and not the account owner account. If that is the case, you should be able to see what email address is connected to the account owner login, which would have access to close the store. 

Under Settings do you have the option to access "Users and Permissions"? If yes, you should see the Store Owner at the top of the page and any following staff accounts. Once you confirm the account owner email address, I would recommend manually signing out of the Shopify admin (click the user name in the upper right corner > log out) and then sign back in as the store owner on our landing page: www.shopify.com.

If this is not possible for any reason, you can instead reach out to our live support using the steps I shared above and they can escalate this for you to our account integrity team. Please note that they are required to go through the steps to close the store and may ask you some similar questions to what I covered here, this is necessary by our account team before they can escalate it. 

ssprenge
3 0 0

I don't have any other users. I have no staff. There is only one user account and that is me/ the owner. I don't get any of the options you say I should be seeing. it's like you are on a different product or something. So frustrating. 

Shay
Shopify Staff
528 87 105

I would definitely be frustrated too! Are you able to send me a screenshot of what you see when you click on Settings in the bottom left of your store admin? It should look like this:

24-35-56449-71389

Also, our live support can assist in troubleshooting this with you in real time. Have you tried contacting our live support through the steps in my earlier post? 

cmyoung13
1 0 0

i am experiencing this issue as well! it is very frustrating. Everytime i click on my store it just brings up a "Store not available page" but you are still billing my card! when i click to go to my admin page, its nothing, doesnt load.. There isnt even a Admin page option under settings anymore! you purposefully take that out of our accounts when you lock them so we are forced to keep paying on something no access to even change? Based on these previous responses, shopify support doesnt even know their own site to provide "support". Everyone isnt having the same issue for no reason. fix this. Please help we are all frustrated and you are making the holidays much more stressful than they should be. 

Shay
Shopify Staff
528 87 105

Hi @cmyoung13 

I'm sorry to hear that you have been unable to find out where the Shopify charges on your billing card are coming from since your main store is closed. Usually in this case we find that a merchant may have a trial store they forgot to close or had a store on the "Pause" plan which is only good for 3 month periods before billing starts again. 

Are you receiving emails for the billing charges? If yes, you can confirm the store URL through the email you are receiving. If you are not receiving billing emails you can instead recover all stores connected to your various email addresses using our Forgot Store tool: Forgot Your Store? - Shopify.

If your store access was temporarily revoked by our Trust and Safety team or Risk Operations team then billing will continue for your store account while their review is under way. These situations are temporary and once the review is complete and access restored, you are able to continue managing your business as per normal. If this is your current situation then you will need to reply back to the email you received from them to close your store. 

Lastly, if you are unable to recover or close the accounts that are still billing you, or if you believe that your credit card details are being used fraudulently to pay for a store account, you can reach out to our live support and they can assist in removing your credit card or billing details from any store on the platform. You will need to be able to provide a screenshot of a billing charge on your credit card statement, including the invoice number which looks like "Shopify*XXXXXXXX". 

I would like to reassure and confirm that once a store is fully closed on the platform all billing charges stop immediately.