Include items in more than one Collection?

Solved

Include items in more than one Collection?

angiebrooke
Visitor
1 0 0

I have several collections in my online store.  Once I move an item to Clearance, I add it to the Clearance Collection, but I leave it in its current Collection as well, i.e Jeans, Tops, etc.

Do you think it would be more effective (leading to greater sales) to only have Clearance listed in the Clearance Collection?  Or continue to have it in 2 Collections?  For example, if I want to have a pair of Jeans on sale, should it be listed only in Clearance?  Or in both Jeans and Clearance?

Hope that makes sense!

Thanks!

Accepted Solution (1)

Mac
Shopify Staff
1690 177 280

This is an accepted solution.

Hi, @angiebrooke!
Thanks for reaching out in our Community Forums and for sharing your concern, I’d be happy to help.

Keeping items in both their original collection and the Clearance Collection offers the benefit of maximizing visibility. Customers browsing specific categories can discover sale items, while those specifically looking for discounts can easily find them in the Clearance section. 

You can also look to increase visibility by adding an announcement banner like "New Clearance Just Added". You can learn more about this here.

Mac | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

View solution in original post

Reply 1 (1)

Mac
Shopify Staff
1690 177 280

This is an accepted solution.

Hi, @angiebrooke!
Thanks for reaching out in our Community Forums and for sharing your concern, I’d be happy to help.

Keeping items in both their original collection and the Clearance Collection offers the benefit of maximizing visibility. Customers browsing specific categories can discover sale items, while those specifically looking for discounts can easily find them in the Clearance section. 

You can also look to increase visibility by adding an announcement banner like "New Clearance Just Added". You can learn more about this here.

Mac | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog