Can I increase the product variation limit on Shopify?

RenJay
Visitor
3 0 1

Hi all, I'm hoping you can help!

I am setting up products and can see there's a limit of 100 variations. I need at least 300-350 though. 

To explain, we sell rings made from retired whisky barrel oak. These are sorted by distillery. 

So, Lagavulin 1992 oak. We make to order and there needs to be size options minimum size K through to Z+4. There are half sizes in there so that's around 50 size options. Then there's 3 designs to choose from, starting from basic to more intricate. Then there are 3 ring width options. I can drop this down to 2 and even cutting back the ring sizes available at either end of the scale that's still not low enough for the limit. I'm at 192 but I really need more than that.

I don't want to have to have a separate shop listing for Lagavulin in each design as that's cluttered and messy!

Has anyone found a solution for this? 

Thanks!

Replies 3 (3)

Tira
Shopify Staff (Retired)
1260 90 223

Hey @RenJay

I appreciate all of these details, this is helpful. I’m here to help! 

It sounds like you need to add more than 100 variants to your store. I replied to a similar thread where I’ve provided some options where you can extend this limit. The only way to increase the number of variations allowed on your store would be to use an app from the Shopify App Store. Here is the link to the thread that has these options: Adding 4 variants to a single product

Is this what you were looking to accomplish on your store? 

To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Community Blog.

RenJay
Visitor
3 0 1
Oh thank you for responding!
Yes I found out extension apps exist but at a cost of course.
I’ve managed to find a workaround on another platform (for a different
issue, they have enough variants) that I was also looking at so am going
with them. 😊
Cheers
Tira
Shopify Staff (Retired)
1260 90 223

Thanks for the update, @RenJay. Glad to hear you were able to find a workaround on your platform. If you would like to share your thoughts on why you decided to move with the other platform, please share them here so that we can learn!

We will also be here should you need help with moving your business forward with Shopify.

Cheers, 

To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Community Blog.