Instagram/Facebook Shop showing incorrect Price

NicoleCultureCo
Tourist
3 0 3

Hi there,

I have connected both Instagram/Facebook to the only catalog with products(3700+). However they have all got the wrong price(the suppliers cost) instead of my retail price.

I’ve emailed the support team but only got a unhelpful email explain how to connect my shop to Instagram/Facebook.

Any help would be appreciated. 

thank you. 

Replies 45 (45)
Rae
Shopify Staff (Retired)
Shopify Staff (Retired)
1166 95 322

Hi, @NicoleCultureCo

This is Rae from Shopify. Welcome to the Community!

I appreciate you reaching out about the incorrect prices showing on your Facebook and Instagram pages. I'm sorry to hear that our previous email regarding this situation didn't help resolve things, and I understand the need to get these prices fixed. I'm glad to help with this. 

To confirm, are you using 'compare at' prices on your products? If so, it's important to ensure that these prices are all higher in value than the regular product prices, as mentioned here. Having a lower 'compare at' price, and a higher 'price' can cause the lower price to appear on Facebook and Instagram, as these channels will default to display the lowest product price available.

If your products are currently set up this way, then this can be resolved by using the bulk editor to remove the lower 'compare at' values, and ensuring the 'price' fields on all products contain the correct price that customers will be charged. In addition to this, if you'd like to continue tracking your supplier's prices, I suggest using the 'cost per item' field on your products. You can check out more information on setting this up here

However, If you're not using 'compare at' prices, or if these prices are already higher than the values in the 'price' field, please let me know and I'll be happy to take a closer look into this. 

I look forward to hearing back from you with more details and working towards a solution! 

Rae | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

NicoleCultureCo
Tourist
3 0 3
Thank you Rae I’m not too sure, I’ll have a try and let you know the outcome!
Rae
Shopify Staff (Retired)
Shopify Staff (Retired)
1166 95 322

Hi, @NicoleCultureCo

Thanks for following up.

I'm happy to help out with this, and I look forward to receiving an update once you test out this troubleshooting. 

Talk soon! 

Kat01
1 0 0

@Rae @NicoleCultureCo , hi did you resolve this pricing issue? I've had the same problem after recently adding Insta / FB to my shopify store. I've now removed the Compare Price on all my products, and have setup a new Instagram post, but the prices are still incorrect. My leather products are more expensive than designer textile products. Do I need to create seperate categories in instagram for this to work? Many thanks!!

Kat

Rae
Shopify Staff (Retired)
Shopify Staff (Retired)
1166 95 322

Hi, @Kat01

Thanks for reaching out about this. 

To confirm, are the correct product prices showing on your live site, and in your admin in the bulk editor?

Also, are the prices displaying incorrectly only on Instagram, or on Facebook, too? 

Please keep me posted on these details! I'm happy to help out with some additional troubleshooting once I hear back from you. 

Best,  

WHTW
1 0 0

Mine are showing incorrect and i'm not using a compare price. This is such an incovenience as my shops were just fine before coverting to new Facebook shops

NicoleCultureCo
Tourist
3 0 3

Hi Rae 

sorry for the long absence I have confirmed I’m not using the compare at price at all. 

still cannot use the correct prices. Help!!

AnnieOjile
2 0 1

Ciao from Rome, Italy!

I have the same issue. I have connected my Shopify to Facebook/Instagram but the prices being generated or not always the lowest price. Sometime the second price and many times the highest price. What can I do to have it be always the lowest price?

Many thanks in advance for your help, Rae!

Kindly,

Annie

Rae
Shopify Staff (Retired)
Shopify Staff (Retired)
1166 95 322

Hi, @WHTW@NicoleCultureCo, and @AnnieOjile

@WHTW and @NicoleCultureCo, thank you for confirming that you're not using 'compare at' prices. I'm going to reach out to both of you individually via email to verify your accounts, and determine the steps needed to resolve this. Please make sure to reply directly back to my email once you receive it so I can help further. 

@AnnieOjile, welcome to this thread, and to the Shopify Community! Are you using 'compare at' prices on your products? If so, make sure to check out the details I shared previously in this thread, such as:

To confirm, are you using 'compare at' prices on your products? If so, it's important to ensure that these prices are all higher in value than the regular product prices, as mentioned here. Having a lower 'compare at' price, and a higher 'price' can cause the lower price to appear on Facebook and Instagram, as these channels will default to display the lowest product price available.

However, if you aren't using 'compare at' prices, please let me know and I can certainly help take a closer look into things! 

Best, 

AnnieOjile
2 0 1
Ciao Rae!

Many thanks for your email!

I'm not using "Compare At" pricing in my shop because I'm not currently
running a sale. The problem is that the products on my Shopify site that
populated in the Facebook & Instagram Shops are showing the largest item
available at the highest price, as opposed to the entry price-point which
should be the default. I currently only have the price and description
fields in the product catalogue.

Can you help me with that?

I hope so!

Kindly,
Annie
Zingaboo
1 0 2

Hi,

I have the same issue with products that have variations.

The highest price is always shown which often will put people off even clicking on a product.

Andrew

Rae
Shopify Staff (Retired)
Shopify Staff (Retired)
1166 95 322

Hi, @AnnieOjile and @Zingaboo

@AnnieOjile, I appreciate you getting back to me with these details. @Zingaboo, thank you for reaching out and joining this thread. 

@AnnieOjile, can you tell me a bit more about what you mean when you say items are showing "at the highest price, as opposed to the entry price-point"? Are you using variants on your products to set up these price differences, as @Zingaboo mentioned?

If so, on both of your accounts, are the prices shown on Facebook the correct prices for your most expensive variant? Or, are the prices on Facebook more expensive than any of your variant prices? If the prices on Facebook don't look correct at all, please let me know. 

However, if the prices on Facebook are displaying the correct price for your most expensive variant, then I recommend reaching out to Facebook via their Business Help Center for more information on how they display product prices on their end. 

Keep me posted!

zingaboo_mfy
1 0 1

I think I may have worked out what the issue is.

Facebook seems to take the last modified variant from the Shopify feed and always displays that variant first.

Is there a way to alter the feed so that the last modified variant is always the cheapest, or does that have to be done by hand.

JJJ31
1 0 1

Hi Rae,

I have a same issues as above  and don't use compare at price at all.

Would you be able to have a look in to it?

Rae
Shopify Staff (Retired)
Shopify Staff (Retired)
1166 95 322

Hi, @zingaboo_mfy and @JJJ31

@zingaboo_mfy, thank you for this information! If the price shown on Facebook is the correct price of one of your variants, then it's best to contact Facebook directly to find out how they display product prices on their end, and why they display the price of a particular variant. You can reach out to Facebook about this via their Business Help Center

@JJJ31, can you please confirm if the prices shown on Facebook are the correct prices for any of your variants? Or, are the prices on Facebook completely incorrect, and don't match any of your variant prices? 

Best, 

valcsizoli
2 0 2

Hi, I have the exact same problem: both Facebook and Instagram shops show higher prices than my lowest price on Shopify. It is randomly picking up prices, but they tend to be the higher ones. Thanks for helping out. Zoltan

Rae
Shopify Staff (Retired)
Shopify Staff (Retired)
1166 95 322

Hi, @valcsizoli

Thanks for jumping in here. 

To confirm, do the prices shown on Facebook match the prices of your more expensive variants? Or, are random prices - that aren't tied to any variants - showing up on Facebook? 

If the prices on Facebook match the prices of your more expensive variants, then it's best to contact Facebook about this directly, as previously mentioned in this thread:

However, if the prices on Facebook are displaying the correct price for your most expensive variant, then I recommend reaching out to Facebook via their Business Help Center for more information on how they display product prices on their end. 

Let me know if the prices on Facebook don't match any of your variants though, and I'll be happy to take a closer look! 

SonnyJ
2 0 0

hi there.  did you ever find out from Facebook what was causing the issue?

valcsizoli
2 0 2
No. I just simply corrected the prices one by one on FB. Hoping it won’t be overwritten automatically by Shopify once again. May be an issue between Shopify and FB when sync’ing.