Instagram Product Tag Doesn’t Work

channingporter
Tourist
4 0 2

Has anyone had trouble with tagging their products on Instagram? I used to have no problem but then today it won’t come up as an option when I post a photo and it also won’t let me tag in my story.

How do I fix this?

Moira
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
322 53 52

Hey, @channingporter!

This is Moira from the Social Care team at Shopify. Thank you for reaching out to us regarding Instagram product tagging. It's great to see you are utilizing this marketing tool to help promote and showcase your wonderful products on social media!

Firstly, please ensure that your Facebook account is still connected through your Shopify Admin. You have to connect your store’s Facebook Shop catalog to your Instagram account first in order for your products to automatically sync with Instagram. Secondly, ensure that your settings via your Facebook account match what is shown below:  

1 ) On your Facebook page, ensure that the correct Instagram account is linked via Settings > Instagram as seen here:  

20-05-acqjw-cdwrk 

2) Then, click "Edit Profile" in the Instagram app and ensure the Instagram account is linked to the Facebook Business page we reviewed earlier, and not a personal profile.  

20-05-r1w9p-vs131  

3) Next, go to the Instagram Settings and make sure the Shopping tab links to the .myshopify.com collection: 

20-05-cjqva-a4id7 

4) Once the above is set up, you should be able to attempt to tag a product when making a post on Instagram as seen below on the Share page: 

20-05-e7woc-hepxk

Here is a help doc from Facebook explaining how to connect your IG account to the business manager and a Facebook page. If you run into any further issues with Facebook or Instagram, we have a fantastic community forum post right here with steps on how to fix any current known issues for the Facebook channel.

If you find that going through the steps above makes no difference, it looks like we’ll need to access your account in order to resolve this issue. While we’re not able to provide account-specific support via the Shopify Community at this time, we’d be happy to continue assisting you through live chat, email, or callback. Please visit https://bit.ly/3cJkx8V and log in to your account to create a support request.

TIP: I’d highly recommend looking into Facebook Blueprint where you can discover online learning courses, training programs, and certifications that can help you get the most out of Facebook marketing platforms.

If you have any questions please feel free to thread those below.

Cheers!

Moira | Social Care @ Shopify
- Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!
- Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
- To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes