Solved

Why isn't my Shopify store eligible for Instagram product tagging?

Tamo
Excursionist
22 0 6

I'm trying to set up an Instagram shop with my Shopify store and I received the error message:
"Your store isn't eligible for Instagram product tagging.

Instagram reviewed your store and decided that it’s not currently eligible for Instagram product tagging. View Instagram’s commerce policy or contact Instagram to learn more."
I've trying to disconnect apps and reconnect but still, I have this problem. 
Do you have any ideas how can I solve this problem? Please share your experience how did you cut this issue.
Thanks in advance.
Accepted Solution (1)
jesperahlbomUK
Shopify Partner
53 4 25

This is an accepted solution.

If the form in step 3 dont appear for you here’s the link to it, choose Instagram shopping as subject

https://www.facebook.com/help/contact/262773191256733

View solution in original post

Replies 21 (21)

jesperahlbomUK
Shopify Partner
53 4 25
Hi @Tamo

I’ve had the same issue with my girlfriends handmade clothes business and Instagram for basically 6 months with Shopify so I gave up then I got new energy to look in to it this week and got it fixed today.

The process (hope this help, will try to describe as good as possible since it’s been a pain in the ass to get to work)

22th April 2020
1 - I deleted the Instagram sales channel in Shopify

2 - Then I double checked that my girlfriend had admin rights to the Facebook page and that it’s connected to the Instagram account on facebook page settings.

3 - When that was done I added the Instagram sales channel on Shopify again and got the same error message BUT instead of ”contact Instagram” it now said ”contact Facebook support here” so I clicked that link, and filled in the form that appeared.
I attached screenshots of both the Shopify error message and Instagram shopping error message (in Instagram app) and asked them to help me reset Instagram shopping for me since it’s matching all requirements for her business to sell on IG shopping.

After I completed and sent the form I got a confirmation on my email with a casenumber, and a guy named Luis from ”Commerce Facebook Concierge Support” replied me that he’ll assist me in this Case.

I replied to him since I thought he was automated and explained to him: ”We sell our handmade clothes online, I don’t see why Instagram shopping shouldn’t work for our business, please make this work since we’ve basically given up on Instagram last months and only pay attention and our focus on selling on facebook now. So I appreciate your help to solve this for instagram shopping.”

23th April 2020
Luis replied
”Dear Jesper,
Thank you for replying to my e-mail.
I understand, therefore I inform you that our team is still investigating the possible reasons for this rejection.
Once I receive new updates, I will let you know.”

24th April 2020
Luis wrote
”Thank you for being patient while we were checking your account with our specialized department.
After further investigation, we have approved your Instagram account @tattbrand for Instagram Shopping!
To complete the onboarding process on the Instagram app, refer to the following link to complete activation:
https://help.instagram.com/1108695469241257

And it’s now working perfectly for us, we can tag our products.

Hope this maybe can help you to, but it’s a real pain in the ass so If this kind of guide can help anyone of you, damn I’m very happy.

Now I’ll have a glass of wine 🍷
jesperahlbomUK
Shopify Partner
53 4 25

This is an accepted solution.

If the form in step 3 dont appear for you here’s the link to it, choose Instagram shopping as subject

https://www.facebook.com/help/contact/262773191256733
antikapparel
Visitor
1 0 0

Hi can you please help me with Instagram shopping. I applied for approval but was denied, I made changes and was denied again. I made all the necessary adjustments but can't request another review on Instagram, also tried the link above filling out the form but when I try to send it says "we could not process your request". Thanks for the help.

Tamo
Excursionist
22 0 6

Hi,
Thank you so much for such a detailed explanation! 

Congratulation that you've solved this problem ^^

I've also disconnected and then connected all the channels to each other. And the good news is that now I have the status: " Instagram is reviewing your store. It usually takes a few days to hear back. Some stores are reviewed in more detail and take longer."

I have received this notification several days ago, almost one week ago.
Now I'll try to connect support from Facebook (the link you've mentioned here). 
Hope my shop will be accepted soon 🙂 

jesperahlbomUK
Shopify Partner
53 4 25
No worries. Yeah contact them and also make sure you Have privacy, refund and shipping policy in place on the website. Preferable with both address and phonenumber. Think thats Something they may look up when reviewing but not 110% sure about it. But it can be worth to Have a look at. We use the standard templates from Shopify for this and customized them based after her business 👍

Good luck!! Let me know how it goes.
Tamo
Excursionist
22 0 6

Good points! Thanks! I'll check everything once again 🙂

We've all of them, I think these are correct and appropriate for our service.
Here is our shop if you have the time for you to review it - https://adorablepots.com/.

I've emailed Facebook commerce support as you advised me and they replied too fast :)) Omar (their agent) promised he will do his best to resolve the situation for me 🙂 I'll let you know definitely!

Tamo
Excursionist
22 0 6

Hi,

Instagram accepted our shop 🙂
Thanks for your support and help!

jesperahlbomUK
Shopify Partner
53 4 25
@Tamo - Great news! Glad I could help out. Take care and have a good week!

PaulOP
Excursionist
15 0 3

Hello, 

I am hitting a wall here too...

I've setted up everything in Commerce Manager, I have a running Facebook Shop and when I'm checking the Instagram status in Business Manager it says

"Not Eligible. Account has been onboarded to a different Commerce Manager" I found ZERO solutions about this issue on google and forums and I don't know what to do anymore.

Do anyone of you have any solution how to fix this issue? How to activate that Instagram Shop and make it actually work? 
The facebook Shop was so easy to set up but this Instagram is just a pain in the a**.

Thanks, 

Paul.

MerveillesPiece
Visitor
1 0 1

I'm having the same issue here saying my account has been onboarded to a different commerce manager. PLEASE HELP!!!

Christoph_VIDAR
Visitor
1 0 1

I am experiencing the same problem. The error message says:

"This Instagram account is already connected to a Commerce Account. To continue using Instagram Shopping you need to delete the connected Commerce Account. Contact Facebook to help you resolve this issue."

Has anyone of you already solved the issue? Because Facebook support is not very helpful always taking a week to answer.

Many thanks,
Christoph

ac1122
4 0 0

Hi! I noticed your problem says that it's been solved. I'm dealing with the same issue, would you mind sharing how you were able to solve this? I would really appreciate it very much!

Lime0440
Visitor
1 0 0

Hi,

If you are getting this error go to business.facebook.com then click commerce > Go to Settings > Business Assets > instagram 

From here you will see if the correct Instagram is connected to the correct commerce account. 

If not you might have another commerce account, if you do not need the other commerce account, delete it and then you will be able to connect the Instagram to the correct commerce account. 

If you need further help let me know. You can reach out to me via limevladz@gmail.com

homeyandhearty
5 0 0

Hi there,

I've deleted all commerce accounts. I have no idea which commerce account my instagram is onboarded to. Has anyone found a solution?

homeyandhearty
5 0 0

Hi there,

I have the same problem!

I've deleted all commerce accounts. I have no idea which commerce account my instagram is onboarded to. Has anyone found a solution?

cierraortega
Visitor
1 0 0

Hey Paul, 

I'm having this same issue. It says my instagram account has been onboarded to a different commerce manager but I have absolutely 0 clue what account it could be onboarded to. This problem has been stressful and exhausting. Please help if you can. 

Best,

Cierra 

James163
Visitor
1 0 0

have you resolved this am almost giving up

igp123
Visitor
1 0 0

Hey guys, I've been having same issue and was googling a lot to find the answer. You just need to deactivate the old CM account that Instagram is linked to via settings. Then your Instagram will become available for onboarding to a new one.

To find out which IG account is connected to just outreach to FB concierge, they resolved that for me in like 10 minutes.

smef
Excursionist
20 0 4

Dude, I am literally going **bleep** bonkers here. Facebook has no means of communication for businesses. It's like a black box. All links dead end now. Where the **bleep**  do you contact them? I've been having this issue and it's surreal how broken and out of order everything to do with billion dollar companies like Shopify and Facebook is. It is unreal. Every single link just goes to their Help Center, which couldn't be less helpful if they tried.

homeyandhearty
5 0 0

Hi there!

How can I reach the facebook concierge?

homeyandhearty
5 0 0

Hi there,

Any luck?