Instagram

OnawaQueen
Tourist
6 0 0

Hello,

I recently open my store but I'm having an issue with my social medias button. Each time I click on Instagram it's going to my personal page, and I'm curtain that my business page for Facebook is not linked. I followed instructions for Instagram to switch my page to a business account, but it still shows my personal. Some help pleases. Thanks 

Reply 1 (1)
Kimi
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
530 81 112

Hi, @OnawaQueen!

To clarify, are you referring to the social media icons on your storefront, similar to the ones below?

01-23-i0rlq-0vsp8

If the social media icons are being configured by your theme, then you should be able to change the links via your theme editor. To do this, you can follow the instructions below:

1. Navigate to your Shopify admin > Online store > Themes > Customise
  2. On the left-hand sidebar, select Theme settings > Social media
  3. Under the Instagram heading, enter your business Instagram link, as seen on the image below, then click Save

01-35-wy7c3-xakje

If you can't find the social media configuration on your theme editor, perhaps you're using a third-party app that generates the social media buttons? If this is the case, you can navigate to the app on your store, and make the necessary link changes within the app.

Are you also currently in the process of setting up the Facebook sales channel on your store? I'll leave some helpful resources below, in case you're currently working on this too:

Kimi | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog