International shipping labels error

Hollyscribbles
Visitor
1 0 0

I think this is an error on my part but I'm not sure how to fix it. I can buy UK labels fine , but with any international orders it says I can't purchase labels because " the total declared value cannot be higher than $0 for international shipments" which is absurd to me. Any help greatly appreciated!

Replies 5 (5)

Iris
Shopify Staff
810 66 91

Hi @Hollyscribbles ,

Thanks for reaching out! That does sound strange.

Shopify does not support international shipments from the United States, where a line item is valued at over $2500. So, in that case, you would see an error message on these orders when attempting to buy a label which reads "The total declared value cannot be higher than $ 2500 for international shipment".

This can also happen if you are selling in a different currency. For example, an order with a value of ¥3960 (USD 36) may also see this error message and be blocked from purchasing a label. 

Developers are aware and are working on this issue. However, in the meantime, all merchants will need to buy labels outside Shopify for any of these international shipments.

However, you mentioned a slightly different wording in the error message, so I'd like first to confirm if this is the same issue in question. Can you please share a screenshot of the error with us to check it further? Thank you! 

Iris | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

meli4
Visitor
3 0 0

I’m having an issue with this aswell could you please help 

beaverwarrior
Visitor
1 0 0

Screenshot 2023-08-16 112001.png

see screenshot of error message - pls fix ❤️

CamilleMerret
Visitor
1 0 0

Same issue, please help

Iris
Shopify Staff
810 66 91

Hi @CamilleMerret ,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I'm sorry to hear that you're also experiencing issues with fulfilling your order. Can you please confirm if this error message shows up when you try to buy labels for all international orders?

There could be several reasons why this error message is appearing, but one possibility is that your current shipping provider only offers domestic shipping. I would recommend checking if that is the case. If it is, don't worry, you still have the option to fulfil your current orders without buying the shipping label through the Shopify admin. You can do this by purchasing a shipping label directly from a shipping carrier that offers international shipping.

While I would like to be more specific with their case, you do not have access to your store's specific information over social media due to our strict authentication policy. However, our team will be more than happy to assist you further through our Help Center. Please visit this link and log in to your account to create a support request.

Iris | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog