What's needed for international shipping on Shopify?

blairjarvis
Tourist
5 0 1

Hi There

This is my first time in this group posting a question. So apologies in advance.

But I am in the process of setting up a new Shopify store, to sell my design work - Art Prints, Canvases, Stationery etc. It is a print-on-demand business at the moment, shipping from the UK. I have started to look at international shipping to the US / Canada / Australia / New Zealand / Ireland. 

But it seems there are lots of taxes I need to charge and also claim back from authorities in each region? 

I'm really looking for a bit of advice about what I 'actually' need to do on my site, and if any, what licences etc I need to get in each territory?

If anyone could help 

Reply 1 (1)

Nia
Shopify Staff
537 38 79

Hi, @!

We recommend reaching out to a tax professional in your area to provide you with advice regarding taxes and licenses internationally. This is your best course of action so you can ensure you're not under-charging your international customers.

We also have this guide here on the topic of International Shipping which also includes a section that provides you with shipping rate calculator so you can estimate your costs.

We also would like to provide help in any other areas of your store. Is your store ready for launch domestically?

Nia | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog