Why did my client's Shopify inventory disappear?

kailasachse
Shopify Partner
85 0 32

My client's inventory disappeared -- any ideas what could have happened?

Only a few items seem to have been spared.

Best,

Kaila

Working with small businesses to establish branding, online presence, and strategy for marketing and operations.
Replies 6 (6)

Shay
Shopify Staff
2780 440 566

Hi @kailasachse 

I'm sorry to hear about this issue you experienced with your products and inventory disappearing from the store. That is definitely never a great situation! I would recommend reviewing the store history, which can be found using the link I included below, to see if you can find out what app or staff account made these changes. 

There is no undo or recovery action built into the admin so the products that are missing will need to be reimported through a CSV file or recreated, but using the activity view can at least help you to find out what happened.

Shay | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

kailasachse
Shopify Partner
85 0 32

Thank you for your reply, Shay! The link doesn't seem to be working for me due to my partner status.

For some reason it leads me to a store that I no longer help manage.

Where do I navigate after Settings> ?

Best,
Kaila

Working with small businesses to establish branding, online presence, and strategy for marketing and operations.
Shay
Shopify Staff
2780 440 566

Thank you for letting me know that Kaila!

The activity log can actually be found on the home screen of the admin in the bottom right corner. You can also sign into the store admin and edit the URL manually to get to that page as well. It would look like:

• yourstore.myshopify.com/admin/activity

Let me know if this works for you.

umana9924
Visitor
1 0 0

we are seeing certain products inventory counts are updated to zero every night. we checked the admin link but there isnt any activity

Shay
Shopify Staff
2780 440 566

Thank you for keeping me updated. Since you are not able to see any activity in the log but are sure that product values are still being adjusted, I would recommend reaching out to our live support so that this can be escalated to to our technical team for a closer review. 

To assist our team in this process please have a list of 2-5 affected products whose inventory has been adjusted without permission and if possible a timeframe of when the value adjusts. The smaller the window of time, the easier it is for our team to isolate the issue. Even if it's between 6pm and say 6am, that will help. 

To contact our live support please follow this link: Shopify Help Center - Contact Support, sign into your store account, search for your issue and use the contact support button at the bottom of the search results to see all our live support options. I would recommend sharing this community thread with your live agent so that they understand what troubleshooting steps have been completed so far. 

kailasachse
Shopify Partner
85 0 32

Thank you for pointing me in the right direction for where to find the activity, Shay.
I see it now.

It seems I've reached the "bottom" of the list, because when I hit the "load more" button I get a red error, "GraphQL error: first cannot exceed 250"

Looks like this error will have to remain a mystery!

Best,
Kaila