Inventory does not scale products when sold in a block.

alessio09
Tourist
5 0 1

Hi, I searched for my answer but couldn't find it.

I have created a "box" category that contains 10 individual items. When I create an order for a customer for a "box", these 10 individual items are not scaled by the inventory and I have to do it manually.

How can I automate this process?

Thank you,

Alessio

Replies 4 (4)

alessio09
Tourist
5 0 1

UP. 

Please, maybe someone can give me the right hint. Thanks.

Skye
Shopify Staff
1101 98 196

Hi, @alessio09 

Thanks for posting. I hope your day is going well!

I apologize in advance, however I'm slightly confused by your question. By "category" do you mean "collection?" Are you trying to create a bundled product? 

If you could provide a bit more information, or perhaps screenshots of the current process, and the process you are looking for, that would be fantastic! 

Thank you in advance. 

Skye | Social Care @ Shopify
- Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!
- Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
- To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog
alessio09
Tourist
5 0 1
Hello Skye 
I apologize for the confusion. 

At the moment I am selling both DTC and B2B. 
The DTC is pretty straightforward. 
The B2B, however, gets confusing. 
I am not using a co-packer or 3PL services. 
My B2B customers can only order master cases (10 units in it). 
I have created a product on Shopify called "1 case of 10" and when I invoice that to my B2B customers the individual units (10 in this case) don't get subtracted from my SKU/UPC inventory count. 

How do I solve this problem? 
Should I invoice my B2B costumers 10 units of the SKU? That way for sure the inventory will get subtracted. However, I don't like how not professional it looks in from of the retail clients. I would prefer they see on the invoice "1 or more cases".

Thanks In advance, 
Alessio
Shay
Shopify Staff
2928 455 602

Hey @alessio09 

You would need to use an app, custom made or from the app store, to help you bundle the skus together so that inventory is tracked efficiently while still allowing for the professional look you want to have on your invoices. This is usually referred to as sku bundling or sku packaging. 

You will want to take a look at some of the apps that are available to do this and ensure the customer experience at the checkout and during your invoicing all look correct: Shopify App Store - Sku Bundle Apps.

Shay | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog