Can Shopify POS manage inventory without payment processing?

superpawssg
Excursionist
22 0 4

Hi, I'm trying to implement a inventory system for my ecommerce business. I'm currently selling my products on Shopify and many other platforms. I know that Shopify has its POS app, which allows you to scan barcodes and update the inventory system, however when I click check out, it asks me to pay for item through cash or credit card. It's actually not what I'm looking for. Is there any way that I can update the inventory through Shopify POS without having the need to make any payments? 

What I'm looking for is a system that is able to do the following:

1) Scan barcode and update inventory stock count

2) Allow access for 3 or more users.

3) Allow to see who was the one that scanned the item on the date.

For example, in this scenario where I'm getting 3 separate orders from other platforms (not Shopify),

Step 1) I will head to my storage unit to pack the items into 3 separate orders and put them to a side.

Step 2) Scan the items using Shopify POS.

Step 3) Per scan is to deduct 1 qty from the stock count. So if there's 2 of the same product, I will scan it twice, without the need to type anything.

Step 4) The system will update that my username has taken these products that I've scanned.

That's all. Can Shopify POS do this? Or is there any Shopify apps/iOS apps that you can recommend which is low cost as we're still a small business.

Replies 4 (4)

ConnectPOS
Shopify Partner
119 1 12

Hello @superpawssg,

You can try ConnectPOS if you need to update inventory without paying additional fees and create multiple staff accounts. ConnectPOS is a leading solution that directly integrates with Shopify, so you can enjoy a seamless experience and real-time data synchronization between your online and offline stores. Our system allows you to change the inventory count manually and it will be updated on Shopify. 

For more information, you can contact us for a free consultation and book a demo to see how we can help your business!

ConnectPOS - Shopify POS app for PC, Android, iOS, omnichannel retail, inventory control.

Charlie506
Shopify Partner
60 2 4

Hi @superpawssg 

Have you checked out EasyScan yet?

We offer inventory management, order fulfilment and more all within our easy to use app.

At only $24.99 a month it is very cheap for all the functions it offers!

Please get in touch if you would like to learn more or download the free 10 day trial.

Thanks,

Charlie

If my comments are helpful, please Like my post and Accept Solution.
Product Manager at 506.io
RobertNay
Visitor
2 0 0

Management is a very delicate thing. But there are some good tips here. Running a business is not easy, but there are many programs that promote competent management and the distribution of goals and actions. 

banned

kingstore
Shopify Partner
175 5 31

@superpawssg you may have already found a solution here, however, I'll add SKUSavvy to the mix for any other merchants encountering this problem. 

SKUSavvy will connect with your Shopify store to enable sync between locations, products, inventory, orders, and customers. With this information coming into SKUSavvy you'll be able to fulfill orders directly within SKUSavvy using existing carrier accounts which will update the inventory quantities between multiple locations according to which location is fulfilling the order, then updating Shopify with the newly reflected inventory level. 

SKUSavvy keeps a log of all actions taken by each employee within the system so you can quicky track who made which action. 

SKUSavvy is a full Shopify WMS, meaning you can track all your bin locations and make purchase orders to bring new inventory into the system that will update to Shopify. In the case of your orders where you need to ship something out without placing an order, you can do this directly within SKUSavvy and fulfill the order right from there. You can use the built-in barcode scanner for this as well.

If you are still finding issues with the current process here I'd be happy to get on a call so we can discuss your use case in more detail.

kingstore_0-1656697889445.pngFulfillment module to confirm items, get rates, purchase, and print labelsFulfillment module to confirm items, get rates, purchase, and print labelsVisual order picking - find every product fasterVisual order picking - find every product faster

The best Shopify Inventory Management App: Purchases, Bin Locations, Visual Inventory, Warehouse Management, Pick Pack Ship, Cycle Counts, and more.
Get your first SKUSavvy Mobile Inventory and Order Fulfillment account free for 50 orders
Schedule a call