Solved

Inventory mistakes when packing - how do you manage this?

linzal
Explorer
66 0 14

Hi, we have a solely online ecommerce store with lots of products and variants. We have been operating for 18 months and now have a few packers at our warehouse who pick, pack and ship orders. We are getting a few mistakes, like sending the wrong colour, size or quantity. We have tried to implement a few different things to combat this but the mistakes remain.

Does anyone have any ideas for an app or barcoding system that can assist with this? Or know of anything that exists that could help us out? So far, I invisage, a barcode on the pick list and as the picker gets an order ready, they scan the pick list, scan the products and then this would highlight any mistakes? Does this exist?

Help!

Accepted Solution (1)

Charlie506
Shopify Partner
60 2 4

This is an accepted solution.

Hi @linzal 

Inventory mistakes are frustrating but EasyScan is here to help! Barcode scanners eliminate any errors.

Within EasyScan you can fulfill your orders, create orders, update and check your inventory all using a barcode scanner.

Any barcode scanner that can connect to your desktop or mobile device will work!

There is a free 10 day trial and we are always building new features - such as our recent Bin Location update!

Thanks,

Charlie

If my comments are helpful, please Like my post and Accept Solution.
Product Manager at 506.io

View solution in original post

Replies 8 (8)

nildeep
Excursionist
17 1 1

Hey @linzal,

Yes, there are Shopify apps for barcodes which can be helpful. Also, another solution can be integrating a system for barcode, order management, WMS so that packers can use it for automatic verification of orders before confirmation. Also, the system will be having complete information about product location (row, level, shelf) so the mistake can be cut off at the product picking stage itself.

To know more about the WMS with Shopify store, Shopify with WMS & Order fulfilment System and to get a better idea about barcode batch picking, watch the VIDEO

Let me know if this interested you.

Regards.

linzal
Explorer
66 0 14

Hi Nildeep,

I am very interested in this solution - our main pain, is we have a lot of orders to pick and pack and we have a high error rate currently as we train new staff. Is there any chance of a product demo and is this product available on the app store?

nildeep
Excursionist
17 1 1

Hey @linzal,

I understand, that sometimes flow becomes tedious when the order rate rises and therefore delayed/wrong product delivery. YES, we would definitely like to connect with you regarding Demo and hence, discuss more about your issues and flow. The product is not on the app store, as it's a distinct system integration from where all complex enterprise procedures can be streamlined. 

You can book a Demo/Meeting from the Calendar or just drop a mail at nildeep.rathod@silentinfotech.com so that I can directly connect you with our chief Solution Architect.

Regards.

Elenn
Visitor
2 0 0

Hey Linzal,

I sent you a message about Shopify app-iPacky , it is available on app store. You can try it for free and with this tool, you can greatly increase order accuracy and improve customer satisfaction.

Good luck!

kingstore
Shopify Partner
175 5 31

Hi @linzal congrats on your store's success. Once you have lots of products and varying inventory levels spread around the warehouse, you can benefit immensely from an inventory and warehouse management system

With this system, you will be able to manage all your problem areas including:

• Shopify app connected with SKUSavvy to sync orders, inventory, customers, and shipments
  • Placing purchase orders and checking in items for accuracy
  • Allocating inventory around your warehouse with bin scanning and visual warehouse layout
  • Mobile pick-pack-ship functionality uses the phone's camera for faster barcode reading 
  • Batch picking and wave pattern for efficient pick paths
  • Scan errors for wrong items picked
  • Fulfillment of orders with barcode scanning for detecting the wrong item via barcode
  • Shipping label shopping and mobile printing
  • Automatically update orders with shipping and tracking information

Your first account is free if you'd like to try it out, or feel free to grab a time on the calendar to discuss your situation

fulfill any order.pnginventory-levels-at-a-glance.pngscan any item.pngwarehouse-layout-slide.png

The best Shopify Inventory Management App: Purchases, Bin Locations, Visual Inventory, Warehouse Management, Pick Pack Ship, Cycle Counts, and more.
Get your first SKUSavvy Mobile Inventory and Order Fulfillment account free for 50 orders
Schedule a call

Anto_S
Shopify Partner
148 4 19

Hi @linzal 

The Sheet Master app https://apps.shopify.com/sheet-master can create a barcode on the pick list in any custom format you'd like (screenshot of a sample picklist & video demo below). 

We can set up the barcodes for you with a free custom setup, please email support@comstack.co

Picklist With Barcodes.png

Automating Commerce at Comstack.co
Email: anto@comstack.co

Charlie506
Shopify Partner
60 2 4

This is an accepted solution.

Hi @linzal 

Inventory mistakes are frustrating but EasyScan is here to help! Barcode scanners eliminate any errors.

Within EasyScan you can fulfill your orders, create orders, update and check your inventory all using a barcode scanner.

Any barcode scanner that can connect to your desktop or mobile device will work!

There is a free 10 day trial and we are always building new features - such as our recent Bin Location update!

Thanks,

Charlie

If my comments are helpful, please Like my post and Accept Solution.
Product Manager at 506.io
linzal
Explorer
66 0 14

Hey Charlie - it's Linzi from Crafty Wholesale, we chose your solution and it has been working really well for us 🙂