Is anyone else experiencing poor online support from Shopify?

CC89
Tourist
4 0 1

Am I the only one who is finding shopify support really lacking at the moment. I used to be able to call the phone number and talk through issues. a couple of weeks ago I could only talk with actual humans in the Phillipines. Now I I have to prove I am not a robot to talk only with a robot. What is going on. It will not put me through to human support and keeps repeating the same questions. I am not getting anywhere and this is scary if this is how it will be from now on. Have they sacked all the human workers?

Replies 2 (2)
GymperorHoff
Visitor
2 0 1

yea thats nice and all except we cannot escalate any issue. we have to jump through 70 hoops just to maybe talk to a useless robot. shopify support is non existent and im considering a lawsuit

CC89
Tourist
4 0 1

The changes have been the removal of the phone support altogether, so there is no ability to talk with anyone anymore. The removal of humans from live chat, so there is no ability to chat online to real people. No email service. I paid for a platform with support, now I have none, no information that it would be removed, nothing. The lawsuit sounds like a good idea @GymperorHoff