Is doing seo for an website easy on shopify or on wordpress?

EnergieFitness
Tourist
4 0 0

I am just keen to know that Shopify does provide a seamless experience when it comes to browsing an e-commerce but it would be good and easy for SEO optimization as I am thinking of registering my gym equipment website with Shopify. Please let me know your comments on it.

Energie Fitness
Reply 1 (1)
Victor
Shopify Staff
1148 104 260

Hi @EnergieFitness,

Thank you for getting in touch and it's great to hear that you're interested in using Shopify. Utilizing SEO effectively is a key part of making an online store a success and Shopify's platform is built to be as SEO-friendly as possible so merchants have a solid platform to build on when adding their own content, such as keywords and meta descriptions. As an example, Shopify's platform automatically generates canonical tags to pages to prevent duplicated content from appearing in search results, and each merchant's sitemap.xml and robots.txt files are generated by default. More can be read on Shopify's platform in relation to SEO here.

Shopify also provides merchants with plenty of resources to help them learn about the importance of SEO and how they can best optimize it for their own store—there is a section on improving search engine optimization on the Shopify Help Center, a number of SEO-related articles are featured on the Shopify Blog, and a 16-part course on SEO is available for all Shopify merchants to view in our educational hub, Shopify Learn. These resources are all free to access and our support team is also happy to help if merchants have questions on how to improve their store's SEO.

I hope the above resources are of some help to you, but please feel free to get back in touch if you have more questions about Shopify and utilizing SEO on the platform.

Victor | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog