Is there a category-based sales report in the shopify api?

evaness
Tourist
8 1 9

I want a table like below. In fact, I believe that if I access the category information of the products sold through the api, I can even do this in excel. However, I could not find the category information of the products sold in api guide.

category

total amountnumber of products sold
home11111111212121
kid232123322
Replies 3 (3)

CloudlabGeorge
Excursionist
18 2 8

I might be able to help you here, but what do you mean by Category? Do you mean a Product Name, Product Variant, Collection, or something else entirely? 

evaness
Tourist
8 1 9

Frankly, I'm new to shopify. For example, when I sell a toy car, I want the category of this product to be defined as a toy and included in the calculation. Is this possible ? I need all kinds of guidance. Thank you for your answer.

CloudlabGeorge
Excursionist
18 2 8

So there are a few ways to do this - generally speaking, you're probably thinking of a Collection (a category with several items). I tend to think of it in terms of a clothing store - where I might have different jackets for sale as part of the men's collection, women's collection etc. 

If you're simply looking for a report on that data (CSV, JSON, or whatever you prefer), our free app Report Toaster can give you exactly that - a Report organized by Product Collection. You can find the app here: 
https://apps.shopify.com/report-toaster

Feel free to give it a look, and hit me up at any time if you need help in getting setup? 

Thanks, 
George