Re: Index now – Feed for Shopify

Is there a custom Index Now feed solution for Shopify?

NiklasWallberg
Visitor
2 0 0

Hi,

I've recently switched over to Shopify from WooCommerce. Woo had an app for Index Now, but it seems like there is no similar thing for Shopify. So I wonder if there is anyone who have made a custom Index Now feed to their store?

Cloudflare has this feature that it pings all search engines when a page is being updated/published. I understand that Shopify already runs on Cloudflare, so perhaps this feature already exist. Anyone who knows?  

Replies 3 (3)

Small_Task_Help
Shopify Partner
536 17 37

Hi,

If you have GSC (Google Search Console) account you can connect with Bing webmaster (Bing webmaster is using "Index now" feature) and weekly you need to update sitemap manually 

Click here to Contact and Get Shopify Store Help
E-mail - hi@ecommercesmalltask.com
We are Shopify Experts   from Ecommerce Small Task Company.
NiklasWallberg
Visitor
2 0 0

Thank you for your response.

I have Bing Webmaster connected to my Google Search Console. But BW doesn't want to pick up that feed. It BW are just getting gthe feed from my old Wordpress/Woo site.

Raj_KlippTech
Shopify Partner
12 0 4

@NiklasWallberg It's been some time since you asked this question, but if you're still interested, we have just released InstaIndex, which adds IndexNow support to Shopify. To answer your question, as far as I know, Shopify's Cloudflare integration doesn't support Crawler Hints. The only other way is to add your domain to Cloudflare, but in my personal experience, the store pages become slower on the Cloudflare free plan.