Is there a Shopify payment option in South Korea and what are its charges?

Solved

Is there a Shopify payment option in South Korea and what are its charges?

Hypercape1
Visitor
2 0 0

Is Shopify payment available in South Korea?

Shopify supports all the popular payment methods in South Korea :

Stripe
Credit & Debit cards

Google Pay

Apple Pay

Are these options included with Shopify payment in South Korea or just the third party providers?

In either cases, please let me know the charges for these options with Shopify payment or if its not available, the charges for third-party provider. I work at an e-commerce store based in South Korea to sell for the customers in U.S and Canada.

Currently, we are using PayPal but it is difficult to cater all users efficiently

If Shopify payment is not available in South Korea, which is the best third-party provider which charges the least and most efficient?

Accepted Solution (1)

Ivy
Shopify Staff
1033 82 133

This is an accepted solution.

Hello, @Hypercape1 

A full list of all payment gateways available for South Korea can be seen here by typing "South Korea" into the country search bar here.

Shopify payments is not available in South Korea currently, but the list linked above shows what you can use via a third party gateway. 

Charges will vary depending on the gateway you choose - you can see the charges Shopify applies for third party transactions here. Thank you!

Ivy | Social Care @ Shopify

Out Of Office

-Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

View solution in original post

Replies 3 (3)

Ivy
Shopify Staff
1033 82 133

This is an accepted solution.

Hello, @Hypercape1 

A full list of all payment gateways available for South Korea can be seen here by typing "South Korea" into the country search bar here.

Shopify payments is not available in South Korea currently, but the list linked above shows what you can use via a third party gateway. 

Charges will vary depending on the gateway you choose - you can see the charges Shopify applies for third party transactions here. Thank you!

Ivy | Social Care @ Shopify

Out Of Office

-Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

Hypercape1
Visitor
2 0 0

Thank you for the response to my previous question. I was wondering if you can help regarding the difficulty for our end customers. The third-party available payment gateway does not seem to accommodate our customers from United States, Canada, and other countries that are unfamiliar with foreign payment gateway. Currently we are using PayPal, however it proves to be time and cost inefficient, we are wondering what other method or possibilities can we approach to fix this issue. 

FrameJoy
Visitor
1 0 0

What payment provider are yu using currently or yu still integrating your payments with Paypal