Is there a simple way to get a total number of products in shopify?

Mitchel_Tarala
Shopify Partner
6 0 1

Hi, I'm searching for an easy way to get a total number of products listed in shopify's online store.

Id just like to know how many items we have for sale online without going through and counting them all.

I am trying to get a number of pages/products to give to a content writer and they want to know approximately how many products we have that may need content added to them.

Jason
Shopify Expert
10416 165 2064

Here's a quick way:

/admin/products/count.json

[edit] Now that OP has the link I removed the shop url to stop it appearing in search.

I jump on these forums to help and share some insights. Not looking to be hired, and not looking for work.

Don't hand out staff invites or give admin password to forum members unless absolutely needed. In most cases the help you need can be handled without that.

★ http://freakdesign.com.au ★
Mitchel_Tarala
Shopify Partner
6 0 1

Thank you! Awesome! :) !!

0 Likes
Abdullah_Ramzan
2 0 1

Did not get it..

0 Likes
Abdullah_Ramzan
2 0 1
  1. Log in to your shop.
  2. Enter the following into your browser:: https://YOUR-STORE-NAME.myshopify.com/admin/products/count.json
  3. In the above URL, make sure to replace YOUR-STORE-NAME with the actual name of your shop. 
  4. It will display the count of products. 
MongooseMedia
1 0 0

This is helpful! I've been manually counting. However, this number of products does it include products in DRAFT mode? And does it double count the variants as two different products? Use case, we have a popcorn box, regular and jumbo size. It's the same product listing with a variant for each product. Does this count as 2 or as 1? 

Our store from the URL add shows 1805 and the way we've been counting in the past has a record of 1489. So either we've been bad at counting (it's possible with such a large inventory list) or there are chances that there are duplicates or even excluded products. Does this make sense?

Thanks!!

0 Likes
28roses
1 0 0

I think the URL method counts everything including archived and draft items which leads to inaccurate head count

0 Likes