Is there a way to allow for pick up when paying with Google Pay?

TRYpets
Visitor
2 0 0

When customers use Google Pay to checkout, the pickup option does not show and there is only the shipping option which shows. Is there a way to make PICKUP appear. Or alternatively, shift the express payment to appear after customers select their preferred shipping option? 

I've tried this option but it totally disables express checkout instead: 

https://community.shopify.com/c/shopify-design/remove-the-express-checkout-buttons-from-first-checko... 

Replies 4 (4)

jayne_Zapiet
Shopify Partner
9 0 0

Our Zapiet app Store Pickup & Delivery will work alongside the express methods of payment as long they are displayed after the cart stage where the option to pickup, deliver or ship is selected

https://support.zapiet.com/en/support/solutions/articles/60000704273-express-checkout-methods

Trevor
Community Moderator
3391 459 982

@TRYpets 

Google Pay, among other accelerated payment methods, does not support local pick up. The customer will need to manually enter their payment information should they wish to pick up their order versus having it delivered. The express checkout buttons will need to appear on the cart page or the first page of the checkout. The checkout process can't be altered, so the shipping page will need to come first to ensure all applicable charges appear before the customer enters their payment information. 

Trevor | Community Moderator @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

TRYpets
Visitor
2 0 0

Hi @Trevor in this case, is it possible to have the shipping page appear first?

Trevor
Community Moderator
3391 459 982

@TRYpets 

The checkout process can't be altered. Billing information needs to be collected first before shipping rates can be produced. 

Trevor | Community Moderator @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog