Is this a legitimate email from Shopify?

HotHeadstalls
1 0 0

I’ve at some times received scammy emails  fake emails trying to be Shopify’. But I’m not sure is this one is legitimate. Any help or recommendations? I can’t have my store shut down. It’s the sole income for my husband and I.

email is from 

risk-management@shopify.com

01A563F9-58B7-45DB-974E-6F2906113EFA.png

0 Likes
Darkruler
5 0 0

I received this email this AM and shopify chat confirmed mine is real. It has the exact same wording as yours. I actually made a post about it and another seller also said they received it.

0 Likes
LoriJean67
Tourist
9 0 1

I received one also.  I sent a screenshot to Shopify Support and I'm waiting for them to confirm it for me.  I'll post as soon as I hear back from them.  

0 Likes
LoriJean67
Tourist
9 0 1

I received confirmation that the email sent is in fact sent from Shopify.  

0 Likes
Sjstyles
Tourist
4 0 1

I received the same thing as well. Working on how to handle it. I was wondering if this is an automated message if a store is opened for a certain period of time. When did you first launch your shopify store?

0 Likes
LoriJean67
Tourist
9 0 1

I've had my website for almost 4 years now.  

0 Likes
Sjstyles
Tourist
4 0 1

Wow. Iv had mine for 2. What are your possible plans of action here? 

0 Likes
LoriJean67
Tourist
9 0 1

I had a few products that I thought were borderline infringement so I will just remove them.   The Attestation for the sale of branded or trademarked products link in the email goes to a form you need to fill out.  For me I will just check off that I have deleted the products.  If you have documentation that you have the right to sell branded products then you would have to show them proof of that.  

0 Likes
Sjstyles
Tourist
4 0 1

Ok, very interesting. Do you others that went through the rest of the process? And know what the end result was? (Meaning is this a shopify PAYMENTS issue, or selling on shopify altogether?)

0 Likes
LoriJean67
Tourist
9 0 1

I don't think it has anything to do with Shopify payments.  Either someone reported your website or Shopify stumbled upon it and noticed that the item you are selling is branded with a trademark.  They want to make sure that you are authorized to be a distributor for that product.  If you are not then legally you are not allowed to sell it and the item has to be removed.  That's how I understand it.   

0 Likes