Is this Shopify email legitimate or a scam?

Is this Shopify email legitimate or a scam?

whatever87
Visitor
3 0 1

Hi,

I received this email and am not sure if it is real or not.

From - store+57924911166@t.shopifyemail.com --- "t" before ".shopifyemail.com" is not a typo. 

Email text:

Thanks for your purchase!
We are preparing your order to ship it. We will notify you when it has been shipped.

If you have any questions, please reply to this email or contact us at fastingfast2@gmail.com

Replies 3 (3)

JuneN
Shopify Partner
118 5 36

Hi @whatever87 
From what I understand, legitimate businesses typically use email addresses with their own domain for customer service, rather than generic ones like Gmail. You should check your order history by logging into your account on the store where you supposedly made the purchase, or by contacting the store directly through their official website.

If you find my suggestion helpful, please give it a like or mark it as a solution!
And discover more approaches to:
Streamline invoicing process Boost sales with labels & badges Add social proofs & create FOMO
Or get valuable updates and private deals regarding Shopify here.

bundler-marko
Excursionist
34 5 7

Hi @whatever87 

This looks at a bit suspicious to me, I would remain cautious and maybe even reach out to Shopify support directly to confirm if the email is indeed coming from them.

Have a nice day 🙂

Bundler combines perfection with non-negotiable value and total creative control. Learn more

Imogen
Shopify Staff
1861 210 334

Hi there, @whatever87. Thank you for taking the time to reach out to the Shopify Community Forums regarding this email that you've received. My name is Imogen. It's good to meet you!

Thanks for providing that information from this email. This email could be an 'order confirmation' email that is sent to folks when they purchase something from a business. I could be more confident in this distinction if you could provide us with a screenshot of the email you received in questions.

In some situations, a business may have their emails be delivered from an address ending with 'shopifyemail.com' if they've not set up their domain and sender email address entirely yet.

If you purchased a product from an online business, and then received this email, then it's likely an email related to that purchase, and you can reach out to that business directly via their contact information available on their website to confirm. If you did not purchase something recently from an online business, then it would be best to ignore this email. As always, it's wise to practice good online security habits when checking out emails; if you receive an email out of the blue, and it's not related to an action you took yourself or remember taking, it's wise to either ignore it, or contact the entity the email is related to without clicking or using any of the information contained in the email itself.

Imogen | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog