Issue with an order from a shop which is now gone

bigchief
1 0 0

Hi, 

Struggling to find the right place to query this. I placed an order with a site which uses shopify. The order never arrived. The owner posted on Instagram that due to ill health shopify had advised all orders would be refunded and the site was being taken down. The site has now gone, the links in the order confirmation email no longer work (as the site has gone) and I've received no refund.

I can't raise a claim using the shopify issue with order page as it no longer recognises the order link. 

Any suggestions of who/where I contact someone who may be able to help me resolve this? Trying here first before going through the credit card company. I tried looking for an easy email address to try but couldn't find one. 

Thanks

Reply 1 (1)
Maz
Shopify Staff
76 21 14

Hey @bigchief 

Firstly, I am sorry to hear that you are having this experience. Happy to help in any way I can.

I fully appreciate that ordering something online, only to have it not arrive, can be disappointing. Trust me, we've all been there! Let me explain what Shopify is. We are a platform that anyone can use to create their own online store, which means, we provide the merchants with the tools they need to sell successfully online. Shopify exists as a Software that stores can run on to sell their products, however we don’t run the stores themselves so I am unable to check the status of orders, or verify if that store is using our platform. We do however have a detailed FAQ page here with the best next steps to take depending on how long ago you have placed your order. 

I understand that you were unable to file a complaint via our 'report an issue with a merchant' link as you do not have the URL which is definitely frustrating. The only other advice I can offer here is to proceed with contacting your credit card provider or bank and filing a claim with them to retrieve your funds.

Once again, I appreciate you reaching out about this, I do hope this is resolved for you as soon as possible!

Maz | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog