Why am I getting more than 100 variants in my Shopify product setup?

gdsilva
Tourist
7 1 0

Hi all, I hope someone can help me. I'm totally new at Shopify. I have a product that a starter package for puppy. Customers has to choose size (2 choices), collar pattern/colour (20 choices), leash pattern/colour (20 choices) and kennel mat fabric (10 choices). To me this looks like 100 variants, 50 choices (collar, leash and kennel mate) time the 2 sizes. But when I set it up, it gives me a crazy number of variants and of course that is above the 100 allowed variants. Is there something I'm doing wrong? Or is there something I'm not understanding correctly? Any help would be greatly appreciated. 

Replies 3 (3)

Ecommpremium
Shopify Partner
512 43 93

ok try to understand by this example two products with variant color black white and blue and sizes 3inch 4 inch and 5 inches now total variant will be color X Sizes=3x3=9

hope this will help you!

@gdsilva 

- Did we solve your issue? Like & Mark As Solution to help the community
- 300+ Video Tutorials
-Website
Ecommpremium
Shopify Partner
512 43 93

@gdsilva  sorry one product it is above!

- Did we solve your issue? Like & Mark As Solution to help the community
- 300+ Video Tutorials
-Website
gdsilva
Tourist
7 1 0

Thanks Ecommpremium. I understand what it is doing now. This is not what I had in mind. Obviously it is not the right way to set that up. I wonder how I need things up though. Here is what I have. It is a basic puppy package that contains about 10 products. We are selling it as a package. Within that package, I have three items that have variants. None of those three items are impacting the other. Customer would pick the package and choose what they want for the three different products. Do you have some suggestions?