Issues logging into my account!

Heatherevo
Visitor
1 0 0

I was hoping someone could help me figure out how to navigate through this issue..

The account that I'm trying to get into has an email linked to it which does not exist anymore, (had to get rid of it) but it says my account hasn't been active for three months (not true). Anyways, when I go to change the admin (changing it to my new email) it asked me for the password to the account, which I type in, but then it asks for a code which is being sent to the email that does not exist anymore… it won't let me do anything until I get that code..

Not sure how to get around this and if anyone has dealt with this, but it's worth a shot.

Thank you!

Replies 2 (2)

Nick_Marketing
Shopify Partner
1487 336 462

Try emailing directly to Shopify's Merchant/Technical support and explain the circumstance. They should assist you with the issue!
Contact page link: https://help.shopify.com/en/questions#/contact/email

Nick | Ecommerce & Marketing Technology Consultant | Toronto, CANADA
- For consulting work availability, please send me a Private Message or submit a ✍️Contact Form.
- For FREE Shopify Tutorials, Subscribe to my YouTube channel (▶️ Ecommerce TV).

Nia
Shopify Staff
537 38 79

Hi, @!

Thanks for reaching out about this!

I am happy to help you out with changing your Shopify account email address. Are you able to try the steps below please -

1. Navigate to Settings > Users and Permissions. 

21-10-hdx0g-0zety

2. In the Store Owner section, click on Transfer Ownership.
  3. Complete the form and click on Transfer Store Ownership. 

21-12-7ahh4-c0m1h

4. You should then receive an email asking you to accept the invitation and login.

If you are still being asked to verify a code when completing the steps above, can you contact our 24/7 Support team so this can be escalated to our Account Integrity team please.

I would also love to provide you with further advice on any other section of your store you would like me to look at! How long have you had your business open for? Is there anything on your store you would like feedback on?

Please let me know if you have any issues with the above.

Nia | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog