Happyrocks
3 0 0

Any help with this please

Replies 8 (8)
Helen
Shopify Staff
1398 170 231

Hi, @Happyrocks

I’m Helen from Shopify Support. Thanks for reaching out about this.

It sounds like you have a password page protecting your storefront. To remove it, please go to ‘Online Store > Preferences’ in your Shopify admin, scroll down to the Password protection section, and uncheck the enable password box as seen here:

20-05-7ylsc-l705k

Your customers will now be able to view your storefront! More information about the password page can be found in the Help Doc on Password protection for your online store

If you have any further questions or comments, please let me know!

Helen | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

Happyrocks
3 0 0

Hi there that box is Unchecked   No tick in the box  what do i try next ?

Happyrocks
3 0 0

Hi there the site is now live it it now says the site is not secure  What do l do to  change this

Helen
Shopify Staff
1398 170 231

That’s great that the site is now viewable to the public! 

Where is it showing that your site is not secure? Is it showing up in your browser bar? Please share a screenshot of what you are seeing.

If it is showing as not secure in the browser bar, this could be due to your SSL Certificate not being provisioned yet. After connecting a custom domain, it can take up to 48  hours for the certificate to provision. You can read more about this in the Help Doc for SSL.  

However, in order to troubleshoot this further, could you please let me know:

• Did you connect a custom domain to your store? 
  • Is it a third party domain, or did you purchase it from Shopify?
  • How long ago did you connect it?
  • Do you see any error messages on your Domains page in your Shopify admin when you go to ‘Online Store > Domains’. Please provide a screenshot.

Thanks!

Blairmilnes
2 0 0

Hi Helen, 

Thanks for the help so far however I have unticked the password button within preferences and I'm getting a notification the store is now visible to the public.

When I go to the store however it's still showing as 'under construction' - not quite sure what else might be the issue. Is there some sort of delay in the changes taking effect?

Thanks in advance................ Blair 

Helen
Shopify Staff
1398 170 231

Hey, @Blairmilnes. Welcome to the Community! Thanks for reaching out about this.

There isn’t a significant delay when removing your password page; your site should be live and viewable to the public very soon after removing it. By any chance, are you using a third party app to create a landing, password, or  ‘under construction’ page for your storefront?

If you aren't using any apps that are affecting this, please share your domain name, and I’m happy to go to your storefront to see if I can identify what the issue may be. Thanks!

Blairmilnes
2 0 0

Hi Helen and thanks for your help on this. 

the domain is Labplanet.com.au

What makes this even stranger is that some people can see it and I've had it up however today is stating 'under construction' 

I'm unsure if I'm using a third party app as I did bring this domain in from another supplier however all that seemed to go quite well. 

My other issue sis around the shopping cart and checking out. In the platform it seems to work however when in the live site it is stating you are not authorised to go past the shopping trolley to check out. Some people are getting the same message when opting to 'buy now'

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated. Thanks again.................... Blair

Helen
Shopify Staff
1398 170 231

Thanks for sharing your domain name, @Blairmilnes. When I go to it, I’m directed to a Sitebeat landing page. This tells me that the issue most likely is that your domain is pointing to the Sitebeat platform instead of Shopify. Where is your domain currently being hosted? Is it on Sitebeat, or another third party site? Or have you initiated a transfer over to Shopify?

Either way, please check your domain’s DNS Settings and edit as necessary. The A Record and CNAME must be as seen below, in order to point it to your Shopify store. Please log into your third party domain host account to find your DNS settings. Or If your domain has been transferred to Shopify, you can find your DNS settings here. Once you’ve made changes to your DNS settings, it can take 48 hours for them to take effect. 

31-08-15778-17695

Let me know if this helps! And once I can view your storefront, I’ll test out the issue you’re experiencing with your cart and checkout to determine how we should proceed with troubleshooting that.