How do I disconnect my closed shop from Instagram and Facebook?

Alexareiki33
Visitor
2 0 0

I just closed my shop, and now what?

How do I unplug the bottom view shop from my instagram and facebook?

How can I make sure my credit card is no charge any longer?

Thank you

Replies 2 (2)

Summer
Shopify Staff
1290 316 222

Hey, @Alexareiki33! Welcome to Shopify Community!

As soon as you close your Shopify store by following the steps on this page, your admin and your website will no longer be visible or accessible. Your billing cycle will be terminated so charges will no longer go through. Your store information, however, will be kept and stored for 2 years to give you the opportunity to reopen your store and pick up where you left off.

If you wish to have your store and personal data removed, you can certainly have this done, but please take note your data will not be recoverable after then and your store cannot be reopened. To go through with this request, you may contact our support team for account-specific assistance through live chat, email, or callback. Feel free to visit https://bit.ly/3cJkx8V and log in to your account to create a support request.

As for Instagram and Facebook, closing your Shopify store won't automatically remove the shops in those channels as they're third-party channels with a separate configuration. You'll need to access your Facebook and Instagram accounts to disable the shop feature. You can refer to Facebook's support docs below for this.

If you ever decide to reopen your Shopify store in the future, you may do so by logging into your admin and by selecting a plan.

Summer | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

Alexareiki33
Visitor
2 0 0
Dear Shopify team,
I closed my account successfully but I still have the view shop bottom in my Instagram account, I can’t find a way to remove it.
Can you please send me the instructions?

Thank you