Linking My Shopify to my YouTube Channel

YarnAtPlay
Visitor
2 0 2

Hello, I am wanting to have a banner of merchandise from my shopify store on my YouTube channel. I have been running a successful and growing YouTube channel and the whole reason I started a shopify store was to sell channel merch and my handmade products. How do I have a merchandise banner appear on my youtube channel (with product thumbnails) to drive traffic to my shopify store? Thanks for your help.

Replies 3 (3)

Sophia
Shopify Staff
1669 109 218

Hi, @YarnAtPlay!

I'm so happy to hear that your YouTube channel is doing well, and I love the idea of having a banner featuring product thumbnails on your videos.

At the moment, I believe the only option for linking to external content on YouTube is to be part of the YouTube Partner Program and use link cards. I'm not sure if this allows you to add thumbnails or whether it's just a link. Most of the videos I've seen just mention that the link is in the video description. They might include images in the video editing process, but they wouldn't be clickable.

I think a banner with a link to your store that includes product thumbnails would be so valuable, so I'll definitely mention it to our developers in case this is something they can work towards. In the meantime, the Google channel will allow you to showcase your products on YouTube (as well as on Google Search, Shopping, Images, and Lens).

Sophia | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

YarnAtPlay
Visitor
2 0 2
Thanks for getting back to me! Your response makes sense. I should hit be
able to apply to be a part of the YouTube partner program in the next few
days (woohoo!!). I know that when that goes through that more features will
be available to my channel. If I have any problems after that time I will
reach out, but hopefully it will be smooth sailing after that!
Sophia
Shopify Staff
1669 109 218

Awesome! Yes, definitely reach out if you have any other questions in the meantime. I hope everything goes well with your YouTube Partner Program application!

Sophia | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog