Linking your domain email address to gmail so you can reply with it to customers

Anothai_Thongth
6 0 0

I have been waiting for 4 days for a reply from Shopify on this one so trying the forum instead. 

I have followed the instructions to link my sites assigned domain email address with my gmail account in order to be able to reply from it. Example sales@sugarandspicegoods.com currently receives customer emails which forward to my gmail generic address. When I hit reply naturally it would come from my generic gmail and not the domain email sales@sugarandspicegoods.com. When i follow the instructions to set up this address in my gmail which Shopify says can be done I get the following error message: Can anyone shed light on how I can resolve this. This is the 2nd ticket raised that Shopify choose to ignore rather than resolve. Not the service I was expecting from the self proclaimed leader in its field. Also has anyone ever got the "live chat" to work. In 1 1/2 months i have NEVER got someone on there live.

Rant over! Help please .....Thanks

Delivery to the following recipient failed permanently:

sales@sugarandspicegoods.com

Technical details of permanent failure:
Google tried to deliver your message, but it was rejected by the server for the recipient domain sugarandspicegoods.com bymx.sugarandspicegoods.com.cust.b.hostedemail.com. [64.98.36.4].

The error that the other server returned was:
571 5.7.1 Message contains spam or virus or sender is blocked : power81_321ce2c3f4e30

----- Message suppressed -----

Replies 32 (32)
Jason
Shopify Expert
10438 169 2081

If I am reading the error and your notes correctly you have setup sales@sugarandspicegoods.com.

sales@sugarandspicegoods.com then forwards an email to gmail.

you then replied to the email from gmail (which according to the error) sends it back sales@sugarandspicegoods.com

Is that right?

An error would be expected as you'd be creating a loop.

I jump on these forums to help and share some insights. Not looking to be hired, and not looking for work.
Don't hand out staff invites or give admin password to forum members unless absolutely needed. In most cases the help you need can be handled without that.
★ http://freakdesign.com.au ★
Anothai_Thongth
6 0 0

Not exactly. This is the error message I get in my gmail when I go to verify this address. I have set it up in Shopify, then log in to gmail and go to set it up as an additional email so that I can send reply's from it. Upon verification (in gmail) that is the error message I receive. I just want to reply to customers who mail me on that address with that address. Why is it so hard to do this? It shouldn't be. I have set up domains before and it's perfectly simple to set up the email accounts that correspond to it. Please advise. Thanks 

Danny31
Shopify Partner
66 0 6

I'm having the same issue. I get the same error message when I try to verify my domain email address which was purchased through shopify. 

Danny31
Shopify Partner
66 0 6

Just verified my email. Try deleting your unverified email from gmail and reverifying it.

Chee_Foong_Chie
Tourist
7 0 1

HI,

I am having the same issue. Deleting unverified does not work for me. Any news from Shopify support? 

martin_Bolduc
2 0 0

I also have the same problem with Gmail integration.  So far, the only tech support given to me has been:  wait until tomorrow and try again.  This is my third day trying to no avail.  I am so far not impressed with the tech support given and bug fixes.  Usually when you buy a domain and pay for hosting, there is a basic mail interface.  To my surprise, not Shopify.  This would not be a problem if the instructions given to use Gmail would actually work...  

Danny31
Shopify Partner
66 0 6

I had the same issue as well. You'll have to integrate with zoho mail and edit the CNAME and verify your domain. Read through this document http://docs.shopify.com/manual/settings/domains/email-forwarding

and contact zohomail if you get stuck. Their support for email forwarding is pretty good.

Chee_Foong_Chie
Tourist
7 0 1

After many tries finally I manage to work around this by using 2 emails:

1. My personal email  
2. A gmail account for my store (this is where eventually where emaisl will be forwarding to)

First, on shopify setup your email (of you own domain) to forward to your personal email,

Then on the gmail account (#2 above) add alternate email address as per this document http://docs.shopify.com/manual/settings/domains/email-forwarding

The verification email will be sent to your personal email (result from the forwarding). Open the verification email and click on the link in the email to verify.

Finally on shopify, delete the forwarding and add a new one to forward the same email to the gmail account.

Repeat the above for more email addresses if you have.

That seems to work for me, I think gmail just want to make sure you own the email and don't care where the verification email is sent to as long as you get the email and click on the verification link in the email. 

Thanks

Amy_Steers
1 0 0

Hey hey,

I just routed our domain from 1and1 to Shopify and lost our main email address, info@site.com. I was warned when I was entering the CNAME that this could happen, but I know Shopify has the ability to forward emails from a domain address. I feel like I'm going crazy though because there's no "Set Up Your Email" link on the Domains page (which it seems like is the single step I need to take, according to http://docs.shopify.com/manual/settings/domains/email-forwarding). I'm blind until I get this working so I would really appreciate some help!

Thanks!