Solved

Local food delivery - no shipping

BiscuitBuggy
Visitor
3 0 3

So frustrated. Our business does local delivery only of hot food. No shipping or pickup. How do I change the text on the checkout page to just say delivery address rather than shipping address. 

this shouldn’t be this difficult so I’m sure I’m missing something obvious. I have set the products for delivery only and set the location they deliver from, but it still says shipping address on the checkout page and no option to modify the text

Accepted Solution (1)

Tira
Shopify Staff (Retired)
1260 90 223

This is an accepted solution.

Hey, @BiscuitBuggy

Tira here to help.

If you would like to translate the words in a theme, you can using the Language Editor. The language editor is a page where you can edit different words associated with your theme. To edit these words you can follow these steps:

1. Login to your Shopify Admin
  2. Click on Themes
  3. Click on the Actions button next to the theme you wish to edit, then click on Edit language
  4. Click on “Checkout & System” (this may be hidden, click on the three vertical dots on the right) and scroll down until you see the text you want to change
  5. Type in your desired text into the text field
  6. Continue doing this with any text fields that would need to be updated - there are several mentions of "shipping" in the checkout, so you may want to replace these too
  7. Click on the Save button at the top to save your changes

Once you’ve saved your changes, you can go to your checkout to see where the changes have been made. 

I would love to know if this helps!

To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Community Blog.

View solution in original post

Replies 10 (10)

Tira
Shopify Staff (Retired)
1260 90 223

This is an accepted solution.

Hey, @BiscuitBuggy

Tira here to help.

If you would like to translate the words in a theme, you can using the Language Editor. The language editor is a page where you can edit different words associated with your theme. To edit these words you can follow these steps:

1. Login to your Shopify Admin
  2. Click on Themes
  3. Click on the Actions button next to the theme you wish to edit, then click on Edit language
  4. Click on “Checkout & System” (this may be hidden, click on the three vertical dots on the right) and scroll down until you see the text you want to change
  5. Type in your desired text into the text field
  6. Continue doing this with any text fields that would need to be updated - there are several mentions of "shipping" in the checkout, so you may want to replace these too
  7. Click on the Save button at the top to save your changes

Once you’ve saved your changes, you can go to your checkout to see where the changes have been made. 

I would love to know if this helps!

BiscuitBuggy
Visitor
3 0 3

@Tira you are awesome!!!  Thank you!

Tira
Shopify Staff (Retired)
1260 90 223

Thanks, @BiscuitBuggy. I'm always happy to help! 

Did this solution work for you?

grass4paws
Tourist
4 0 4

This was very very helpful as we are a local delivery business as well and we were able to make the same needed changes.  How do you remove the 5 to 8 Business Days Delivery option though?  Is that possible?

Tira
Shopify Staff (Retired)
1260 90 223

Hey, @grass4paws

I’m so glad to hear that was helpful! Are you looking to remove the “5 to 8 Business Days” text?

If this is for your carrier, then you can remove delivery time estimates from any carriers that you have by following the same steps I mentioned in my post above. When you get to step 4, you’ll want to search for “Delivery” in the “Filter” box. Here is a screenshot from my test store that shows what this looks like: 

08-00-83072-23919

When you scroll down, you’ll see a box that says Estimated Delivery Range. It will look like this:

08-14-71134-66414 

If you add a space, that will leave it blank and the estimated delivery ranges will disappear at checkout. Here is a screenshot from my test checkout of what this should look like:

08-24-52496-80060

When you do this, it will will appear with the current theme. If you switch themes, you will need to take these steps again to remove it. If you would like them back, just remove the space from the text fields in the Edit language settings we modified so that the placeholder text appears again.

Is this what you were looking to do?

grass4paws
Tourist
4 0 4

Amazing.  Thank you, Tira!

Tira
Shopify Staff (Retired)
1260 90 223

Glad I could help! 

Cheers,

Shipday
Shopify Partner
6 0 0

Hey guys, once you set it up check out shipday Shopify app. We have a great solution for local food delivery with automated dispatch, driver app and live tracking. Hope you are all set up!

nbmg09
Visitor
1 0 0

I am also facing a problem with my Shopify account. can you guide me to sort out my problem? I can not upload any data on my website.

geohar32
Visitor
1 0 0

I am looking forward to start a business online for agriculture products but not able to find a good platform for that. can you please guide me what is the opportunity in this sector and also is shopify good for this types of business. And what is the percentage of selling these products.