Local pickup and shipping

tommmy
2 0 0

I have four physical stores that sell the same products.

All four stores provide Local pickup, but only one store provides Shipping.

Can the inventory of those 3 stores be used only for Local pickup?

How should I set it up?

Thank you

0 Likes
June
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
289 86 50

Hi @tommmy,

Thanks so much for sharing your question here! Can you clarify, is your biggest concern ensuring that inventory from your three pickup-only locations is not made available for shipping? 

Perhaps you can tell me more about the steps you've already taken to set up your local delivery and shipping options, specifically in terms of inventory and location settings. 

The key thing to keep in mind when it comes to local pickup is that in order for a pickup location to appear at checkout, all items in your customer's cart must have available inventory at that location. If those same products belong to a shipping profile that includes a shipping zone for which your customer enters a shipping address, they will also see the option to have their products shipped - assuming that location is set to fulfill online orders. By managing your locations within your shipping profile, you can ensure that inventory at a given location is only available for pickup.

In my experience, the best way to understand your checkout's expected behaviour, especially when it comes to available delivery options, is to play around with your store's checkout yourself. Since you know your local region best, as well as the products available at each physical location, you can observe how the delivery options change based on the products you've added to your cart.

June | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
saivismitha
Shopify Partner
137 7 29

Hello @tommmy,

As all 4 stores are selling the same products, you can add all the addresses but set up the store which is providing shipping service as a default shipping origin in the store.

To use the local pickup option, your store needs to meet the following requirements,

- Should have 20 or fewer locations
- Should have multiple inventory location enabled
- Should have multi-origin shipping enabled.

You need to set up the local pickup option for each location where customers can go to get their orders.

Setup includes enabling local pickup, choosing the expected pickup time that customers see when they check out and specifying any pickup instructions in the Order ready for pickup notification.

After you enable the local pickup option, your customers can choose between Ship and Pick up in the Delivery method section of your checkout. When they select Pick up, they can choose the location where they want to pick up their order.

You can set up the option for customers to pick up their online orders at your retail store, curbside, or any location that you choose.

Customer Success @ PluginHive
Shipping Automation | FedEx shipping | Multi-carrier shipping | Shipment Tracking | Australia Post shipping
0 Likes