Solved

How can I verify my store location for local delivery activation?

Makamba
Visitor
2 0 0

Hello, 

I am trying to verify my store location address in order to activate local delivery and set up the desired radius. However, it keeps saying that I need to verify my address. How can I fix this problem?

Thanks!

Accepted Solutions (2)

Maz
Shopify Staff
1168 129 181

This is an accepted solution.

Hi @Makamba 

Your question is a great one. Without being able to see your store - it can be difficult to ascertain what the issue could be. With that being said, I am wondering if this could be the error below you are seeing?

20-28-49844-92246

To provide some context on this issue, Shopify relies on Google's APIs to determine geocodes. This means if Google can geocode an address, we deem it verified. This also means that if Google cannot or has not geocoded your address, it will not be able to be verified on Shopify's side, and therefore will not qualify for local delivery. Have you manually entered the address or entered the address provided from Google? If you could also confirm if the address provided by Google is the same address that you'd like to use?

Usually once you start typing an address, there should be a pre-population of addresses for you to choose from. If those aren't the addresses that you are using, you would need to make a request with Google to update it for you. Updating Google's side of things is not currently directly supported by Shopify; the quickest way to a solution will be for you to suggest a correction on Google Maps via this link.

In the meantime, using postal codes to set a delivery area will be the most efficient workaround. More information on the setup process can be found here in our Help Center.

Maz | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

View solution in original post

Maz
Shopify Staff
1168 129 181

Hey @Makamba 

I checked out the address 702 Rua do Rio Inhamiara, Maputo, Mozambique here on Google and can see that is an exact match as to what you have provided.

To get this address verified, your best bet is to do it via Google directly if you can. I would suggest reaching out to their support team here at this link or alternatively, as mentioned in my previous post, you can suggest a correction on Google Maps via this link. I hope this works for you!

View solution in original post

Replies 3 (3)

Maz
Shopify Staff
1168 129 181

Hi @Makamba 

Your question is a great one. Without being able to see your store - it can be difficult to ascertain what the issue could be. With that being said, I am wondering if this could be the error below you are seeing?

20-28-49844-92246

To provide some context on this issue, Shopify relies on Google's APIs to determine geocodes. This means if Google can geocode an address, we deem it verified. This also means that if Google cannot or has not geocoded your address, it will not be able to be verified on Shopify's side, and therefore will not qualify for local delivery. Have you manually entered the address or entered the address provided from Google? If you could also confirm if the address provided by Google is the same address that you'd like to use?

Usually once you start typing an address, there should be a pre-population of addresses for you to choose from. If those aren't the addresses that you are using, you would need to make a request with Google to update it for you. Updating Google's side of things is not currently directly supported by Shopify; the quickest way to a solution will be for you to suggest a correction on Google Maps via this link.

In the meantime, using postal codes to set a delivery area will be the most efficient workaround. More information on the setup process can be found here in our Help Center.

Makamba
Visitor
2 0 0

Hi Maz,

Thanks for your prompt response. 

That is the error message I am receiving. 

The address we are using is provided by Google and it is one of the suggestions that pops up and we it is the one I selected. 

Unfortunately using postal codes is not an option for us as we are based in Mozambique and we do not use postal codes. 

The store address is 702 Rua do Rio Inhamiara, Maputo, Mozambique. 

Thanks again

Maz
Shopify Staff
1168 129 181

Hey @Makamba 

I checked out the address 702 Rua do Rio Inhamiara, Maputo, Mozambique here on Google and can see that is an exact match as to what you have provided.

To get this address verified, your best bet is to do it via Google directly if you can. I would suggest reaching out to their support team here at this link or alternatively, as mentioned in my previous post, you can suggest a correction on Google Maps via this link. I hope this works for you!