Locked out because the phone with 2-step authentication code is dead

srilno
4 0 0

I had enabled 2 step authentication for my account on Shopify. Unfortunately, the phone with the authenticator app stopped working yesterday and I don't have the recovery code or QR codes stored anywhere. My bad. I have been trying to chat with the support team to resolve this issue but it's over 12 hours and I haven't got any response. Moving out of shopify is the only option?

Replies 5 (5)

Erin
Shopify Staff
921 126 143

Hi there @srilno

I completely understand the importance of getting back into your account. To double check, have you already spoken to the live support team or are you having trouble reaching them? In order to remove 2 step authentication from your account you will want to speak to our Support Advisors through this page here. They will be able to review your account with you and they will likely need to escalate your ticket to our Account Integrity team, who will be able to assist you going forward.

If you've already spoken with them then they have likely already escalated your ticket to the correct team and it would be best to wait for their reply. The Account Integrity team will get back to you as soon as possible to help you get back into your account.

If you're having trouble reaching live support you will want to make sure to follow these steps to request support:

1. Start on this page.
  2. Log in to your account if possible. If not, click Continue without logging in. You can still reach us using email or live chat without logging in.
  3. Type in keywords for your issue in the Search field and click Search.
  4. You will then notice common questions related to your issue and help guides. Under that, you will see the option to Get support. Click Continue.
  5. Then you will see the options to chat with us, email us, or request a callback (callbacks will only be available if you are logged in).

Please let me know if you have any other questions about this. I'm happy to help you out further.

Erin | Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

srilno
4 0 0

I did that over 12 hours ago. Have not got any reply yet. I am already losing sales because inventory is not updated for the weekend.

Erin
Shopify Staff
921 126 143

Hi @srilno. I appreciate the urgency in getting this resolved and I can assure you that if you've reached out to our support team about this, they will get back to you as soon as they can. If you're unable to locate your recovery codes, waiting for the Account Integrity team to assist further will be the quickest way to get back into your account.

Erin | Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

srilno
4 0 0

36 hours and no response yet. I have already lost 80% sales yesterday and weekend looks really bad.

srilno
4 0 0

48 hours and not resolved yet.