Locked store due to theme

HipPillowPlus
Tourist
5 0 1

Shopify legal sent me an email saying I was using a theme without permission. Either delete or pay up. I’m in the process of updating my store. I deleted the theme and all the copies but they won’t unlock my store. They said it’s not resolved yet and contact support and they keep telling me to reply to original email. It’s been happening for a week and I’m at my wits end. Please someone help me why are they doing it? Do they just want money? But decided to give me an option that they weren’t going to accept? Please help! Thank you!

Replies 4 (4)
HipPillowPlus
Tourist
5 0 1

Thanks. I’ll sit and wait while they are looking into it.

john4870
Tourist
7 0 1

I'm sorry to hear that you're going through this frustrating experience with Shopify legal. It's understandable that you're feeling overwhelmed and confused about their actions.

It's important to note that Shopify, like any other business, has the right to protect their intellectual property and ensure that their terms of service are being followed. If they discovered that you were using a theme without proper permission or payment, they may have taken action to enforce their policies.

As for the resolution of the issue, it's possible that there may be some miscommunication or delays in the process. I would recommend reaching out to Shopify support again and explaining the situation in detail. Ask them if there's anything else you need to do to resolve the issue, and if there's a specific timeline for when your store will be unlocked.

It's also worth considering reaching out to a Shopify expert or consultant for additional guidance and support. They may have experience dealing with similar situations and be able to offer more targeted advice.

In terms of Shopify's motivations, it's hard to say for certain. While it's possible that they may be seeking payment for the use of the theme, it's also possible that they simply want to ensure that their policies are being followed and their intellectual property is protected.

Ultimately, the best course of action is to continue communicating with Shopify support and seeking out additional resources and guidance as needed. I hope that this helps, and I wish you the best of luck in resolving the issue.

Regards
John

CEO

Mobiles in BD

HipPillowPlus
Tourist
5 0 1

Thanks John, I have deleted all the copies but Shopify keeps on sending me automated responses that I have to do one or the other. This is very bad for any business to have a business closed for a week. I feel I should cancel my account with Shopify and just close my business if that’s what will please them. They need a better solution for this situation. 

HipPillowPlus
Tourist
5 0 1

Thanks John for your feedback, but Shopify needs to do better. I had no idea that there was a paid theme that was being used by my store. I got my store designed on a free theme and I hired a few people to make small changes on F1v3rr and don't know who and why they changed my theme to a stolen theme. It was a news to me when I got an email. Shopify shouldn't let these scammers do this to not only protect their property but also protect us as vendors.