Why is my Shopify site redirecting to another website?

Muslat
Visitor
2 0 0

Hello,
How are you all,
When I click on my website link, it takes me to another website. I am loseing a lot of visitors.
Have you encountered something like this, please guide me to solve the problem.

Thank yuo.

Replies 4 (4)

Moira
Shopify Staff
2040 223 323

Hey @Muslat!

Without being able to see your store and domain, it's difficult for me to establish exactly what is happening. If you could please share your store URL and reply to this thread answering the questions below, I will be able to take a much closer look:

• When you enter your website URL are you being redirected to a website that you recognize?

• Have you purchased your domain through Shopify or a third-party provider such as GoDaddy?

• Do you have a domain redirection enabled?

• When you access your website domain section via Online Store > Domains, what is the current status of the domain? Does the domain say Connected, Not Connected, or Action Required?

I look forward to hearing from you!

Moira | Social Care @ Shopify
- Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!
- Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
- To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

Muslat
Visitor
2 0 0

Hello Moira,

URL is   desertstore.shop
I purchased it from Name.com

* When I enter my website URL, I redirected to a website I do not know.
* I've been with Shopify for almost a year now, and this problem only occurred about a week ago, and I didn't enabled domain forwarding.

* this is what I see

Primary domain     Connected
www.desertstore.shop

Shopify-managed domains

desertstore-2.myshopify.com     Connected

DarkMatter_Co
8 0 0

Hello Muslat,

It sounds to me that your dns records for your domain name need updating.

I would work through the connection process under Settings >> Domain in Shopify to ensure a quality connection with your website.

Please let me know how this turns out!

Source:
Website Developer for 7 years.

Moira
Shopify Staff
2040 223 323

@Muslat

Do you happen to have many third-party apps installed in your admin? Some apps can have their scripts hijacked by malicious third parties, often creating spam redirects from storefronts. While this is third-party we're able to remove/disable the scripts from our end.

I highly suggest reaching out to our support team as we’ll need to access your account securely with our live authentication methods in order to remove any unwanted scripts. While we’re not able to provide account-specific support via the Shopify Community at this time, we’d be happy to continue assisting you through live chat, email, or callback.

Please visit https://bit.ly/3BANQVf and log in to your account to create a support request.

In order to save some time, and help the Support Advisor you speak with to pick up from where you and I have left off, I am going to provide you with a summary of the issue as I understand it. You can share this summary at the beginning of your conversation with the agent to bring you both up to speed and help to get your answers as quickly as possible.

Issue Summary: Online Store redirecting to spam page (malicious script), urgently escalate to TMS.

Moira | Social Care @ Shopify
- Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!
- Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
- To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog