Why is there a Mac Safari checkout issue on Shopify?

Perrez
Visitor
2 0 0

Customers seem to have a recurring issue checking out on Mac Safari but can check out on other browsers perfectly fine.

Replies 3 (3)

Nick
Shopify Staff (Retired)
4531 434 1024

Hi @Perrez,

That seems very odd for sure as Safari is a supported browser with Shopify! Can you tell me how many customers have had reported this and what error message they are seeing or what is happening exactly when they try to check out? Could you also let me know your store URL and what theme you're using. 

It's difficult to figure out what might be happening and why without more context or information! Just to be 100% sure it's not a browser issue, could you or could you ask the affected customers to clear their cookies/ cache and see if it works then or try in an incognito tab. Here's a great guide for cache clearing you can use and send to your customers. 

If the problem is still persisting and you wanted to have someone on our team take a more detailed look, don't hesitate to log in here and contact our support team and speak to someone in real time where they can investigate further such as looking at your store admin. 

To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Community Blog.

Perrez
Visitor
2 0 0

Hello Nick, when the customers try to make payment via mac safari, the page just loads endlessly. More than 5 customers have reported this issue and we have tested it out as well. We are currently using the vegist theme. A theme that we purchased. here is the store URL https://store.uglyfood.com.sg.

Nick
Shopify Staff (Retired)
4531 434 1024

Hi @Perrez,

Thanks for getting back to me. The Vegist theme isn't a supported theme on the Shopify theme store and I'm wondering if that could be part of the issue with this as we can only support themes via the theme store. Could you try getting a free Shopify theme and then placing a test order via Safari to see if follows through? It could also be worth reaching out to the developers of the Vegist theme and let them know what's happening. Looking forward to hearing from you! 

To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Community Blog.