Make a Collection button a link to external site

mrcoates14
3 0 0

Hi there, I am setting up a site using the Brooklyn theme.  I have two collections.  One are items that will be sold directly in Shopify, the second I want to be a link to an external site.  Is it possible to tell the collection button where to link to externally?

I have found a similar post which says about using a text image as an external link, but as the template is already set up with two collection boxes, I thought that I can just redirect one of these?

Thanks

Marcus

0 Likes
Elias
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1237 122 175

Hello, @mrcoates14.

Elias here with Shopify Support. That’s a great question!

I understand you’re trying to link one of your collections to an external website using the Brooklyn theme. This is possible depending on where you’re displaying your collections. If your collections are in the navigation, either the header or footer menu, you can link the menu item to an external website. Here’s an example of linking a menu item to an external link in my test store: 

13-54-gf6jw-c21e7

If you are using Sections in the Storefront editor to display your collections on your homepage, both the ‘Featured collection’ or the ‘Collection list’ will need customization of the coding in order to display an external link. If your store is subscribed to a plan, this may be something our Theme Support team can help with. That said, you can also use the ‘Image with text’ section to create something similar to a ‘Featured collection’. Here’s an example of using the ‘Image with text’ to link an external website on the homepage of my test store:

13-00-anxq3-g5q8g

I hope this gives you a couple of suggestions to consider. If you can share a screenshot of your setup, I’d be happy to take a closer look. If you have any other questions on this topic, don’t hesitate to let me know!

Elias | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes