Managing 2 Shopify Stores (CAN vs US)

elizabethg
Visitor
1 0 1

Hey there! 

We just oppened a new Shopify Store so we could expand to the US market. From now on, Canadian customers will make their purchases on our canadian website and US and international clients will make theirs on the US one (the one we just oppened). 

Since we sell our own products, our main concern right now is finding how to duplicate our product pages on our new Shopify store (US). The inventory doesn't really matter. It's only about having all the same products on both sites (almost all of our products have different sizes and colours).We're also wondering if there's an app that could allow us to duplicate our pages and blog posts. So far, I've read a little bit about the Store Importer App and CSV files. 

Also, if there's some people here that use two different Shopify stores like us I would love to have some feedback and tips about your experience so far. 🙂

Thank you!

Replies 2 (2)

productsync
Shopify Partner
740 38 159

Hi

You can do a look for store sync apps in the app store. We operate our own product data management platform whereby you can connect all your Shopify stores and then set up product syncs between them. For example you could use one store as your master and create new products on there and then automatically have them created on second store. Inventory can also be synced.

Regards

Tom

Elias
Shopify Staff
2805 274 490

Hey, @elizabethg.

Thank you for reaching out and posting this question!

I understand that you're opening a new Shopify store for US and international clients, and you're looking to duplicate the contents/products from your existing Canadian store. While there are a couple of different options that you can consider for copying a store, I think most of the data that you need can be simply exported from your existing store. 

For the products and discount codes, you can simply export and import the data using CSV files. You can also download your existing theme and import it to your new store. However, if you're using a paid theme on your old store, then you will also need to purchase the theme on the new store in order for the theme to work properly and obtain a license for the theme assets. 

As for the pages, blogs, or collections, you can use a third-party app, like Duplicate - Copy stores or Rewind Copy. However, since these apps charge a fee based on how much content is transferred, you can consider doing some areas of your store manually to reduce the cost. If you only have a handful of content, then it could be easier to replicate the pages/blogs/collections manually by copying and pasting. 

I'd love to hear more about your business! What kind of products do you sell? How is the store duplication coming along?

Elias | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog