Solved

Why does my manually sorted collection revert to alphabetical order?

wendy_sease
4 0 0

I've manually sorted many collections in my store. I have one collection that I have manually sorted and resorted at least 6 times now and after anywhere from 30 minutes to 12 hours it always go back to a an alphabetical sorting. This doesn't happen in other collections I have. Why would this happen to one particular collection. The collection has over 900 items in it. I set it for manual sorting. I reorder products and it does it and I can see that it is correctly done on the front end but it always go

Accepted Solution (1)
Ollie
Shopify Staff
2327 454 397

This is an accepted solution.

Hey @wendy_sease.

Thanks for the quick response and letting us know.

Looking into the Expression theme, I noticed that the theme does support product filtering and sorting for collections. If you can confirm that the collection sort is set to manual using your Shopify Admin but it is displaying incorrectly on the online store - it could be due to the coding of the theme.

As I was looking into the theme, I did notice that this is a third-party theme that is designed and supported by Clean Canvas.

05-42-62046-1863

Since we are a bit unfamiliar with the style of coding that is being used throughout the theme, it would be best to direct this inquiry to their theme support. I came across their Contact Us page and wanted to provide it. They would be in the best position to provide you with additional support and insight to have the collection page products manually sorted.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Ollie | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

View solution in original post

Replies 3 (3)

Ollie
Shopify Staff
2327 454 397

Hey @wendy_sease.

Thanks for reaching out.

I appreciate the context that you have shared with us as that is very helpful! Could you let us know which theme you are using?

If you are unsure about which theme is live on your online store, you can navigate to the Theme Editor and select the three dots appearing towards the top left of the page. I took a screenshot from my test store to show you the section I am referring to:

05-43-11829-50880

Looking forward to your response.

wendy_sease
4 0 0

Ollie-

My theme is Expression. 

Wendy

Ollie
Shopify Staff
2327 454 397

This is an accepted solution.

Hey @wendy_sease.

Thanks for the quick response and letting us know.

Looking into the Expression theme, I noticed that the theme does support product filtering and sorting for collections. If you can confirm that the collection sort is set to manual using your Shopify Admin but it is displaying incorrectly on the online store - it could be due to the coding of the theme.

As I was looking into the theme, I did notice that this is a third-party theme that is designed and supported by Clean Canvas.

05-42-62046-1863

Since we are a bit unfamiliar with the style of coding that is being used throughout the theme, it would be best to direct this inquiry to their theme support. I came across their Contact Us page and wanted to provide it. They would be in the best position to provide you with additional support and insight to have the collection page products manually sorted.

Let me know if you have any questions.