Massive Online Store Sessions drop (60%) in 1 week.

Moars
Excursionist
24 1 8

Hey All,

I'm not sure where to post Shopify analytic problems, so I will try it here. In the last 7 days according to the Shopify analytics we lost over 60% of our traffic in one week time. It says all our channels are down by 60%, so both Paid, Organic, Marketing, Social. Everything. It's like we drove off a cliff from Sunday to Saturday (1week). This would be the lowest visitors we had this year. (but our conversion % skyrocketed , yeay!)

Moars_0-1632034729124.png

I wanted to verify what's going on. We mainly use Google Ads so i wanted to see the drop in Google Ads performance, but our clicks are very consistent all the way up to yesterday

Moars_4-1632035924360.png

Verifying our organic visitors using Google Search Console shows a fluctuation of about 15% until Friday which seems very normal. 

Moars_3-1632035727603.png

i don't think i have a way to verify the direct visitors, and social media only accounts for 1~2% of our traffic. Anybody has an idea what might be going on and what's causing the drop and why all our other tools show healthy performance?

Kind Regards,

Monica

0 Likes
timed
Excursionist
13 0 3

Hi, did you find anymore information on this? I think a similar thing could be happening to us recently? 

Thanks 

0 Likes
Moars
Excursionist
24 1 8

More information yes, but we have not found a solutions yet.

When looking at the data it seems to be specifically related to safari/iOS users.

We see a 85% traffic drop specifically on movile iPhone users. I tried rolling back our theme to 2 weeks ago but this did not fix it...

0 Likes
timed
Excursionist
13 0 3

I contacted support and they just wrote back to me. Have you contacted them?

This is what they wrote me to below:

Thanks for your patience in waiting to hear back from me, I do appreciate it.

This is a quick email to let you know that since our chat there have been reports from other merchants of similar issues with their Shopify Analytics, specifically with regard to discrepancies in behaviour reports. Our developers are aware of this and are currently investigating the root cause.

I'll be sure to reach out again as soon as I have additional information to share. If you have any other questions in the meantime be sure to let me know in your reply and I'll be happy to assist.

Thanks for your understanding on this,

0 Likes
Nish1974
1 0 0

We are seeing the same thing today on our side, down approximately 55%.  Is this normal or is there an issue with shopify?

0 Likes
Moars
Excursionist
24 1 8

When i reached out to them (before making this post) they couldn't help me after a very long chat trying to explain the situation. They would get back to me with material on how to increase traffic to my store...

0 Likes