New Shopify Certification now available: Liquid Storefronts for Theme Developers

Merge Products together making one product with Variants

All5th
Shopify Partner
2 0 0

I'm trying to make updates to my site and need to "merge" several products together so that I have one product with Variants.  The Merged Products would be the variants of the "new merged product".

I've tried everything I can think of to accomplish this, but can't seem to find a workable solution.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Replies 3 (3)
EasifyApps-Zoe
Shopify Partner
581 13 34

Hi @All5th,

To help you out, could you share some more info about your products? Tell me about the main product, the ones you want to merge into its variants, and whether these products already have options and variants set up. The more details you can provide, the better I can suggest a solution that fits your situation.

EASIFY - MAKING SHOPIFY SIMPLE & SWEET!
Easify Product Options: Create custom product options 10X faster & easier!
Easify Product Attachments: Effortlessly add downloadable PDF files (or any other format) to Shopify pages!
Try for Free | 24/7 Live Chat Support
All5th
Shopify Partner
2 0 0
I have several products I need to merge, and in the future I will need to merge several more.
As example of what I need to merge now. I have two Ink Sets (Fusion Grey Wash Set 2 oz & Fusion Grey Wash Set 4 oz). These are currently on Shopify as two separate products - What I need to do is be able to merge them into One product, with Two Variants. - Fusion Grey Wash Set (Being the Main Product) 2 oz Set (As one Variant), 4 oz Set (As second Variant).
As I said, I several that I need to merge & I will have many more in the future, which in some cases will have upwards of 40 - 50 variants potentially, so I just need to figure out how to merge these and create the variants from the individual products.
EasifyApps-Zoe
Shopify Partner
581 13 34

Hi @All5th,

There are several ways you can go about merging your products 🤗.

One option is to export the products from Shopify to a CSV file, manipulate the data in Excel to consolidate them into a single product, and then import the modified file back into your Shopify store.

Another approach is to create a new product, which we'll call "Fusion Grey Wash Set" as your primary product. You can then use the Easify Product Options app to set up size options for this main product. These size options can be linked directly to your existing "Fusion Grey Wash Set 2 oz" and "Fusion Grey Wash Set 4 oz" products. Here's how you can set it up:

• Storefront:

EasifyAppsZoe_5-1698720492162.png

• In-app settings:

12.png

EasifyAppsZoe_2-1698720287031.png

EasifyAppsZoe_3-1698720331887.png

EasifyAppsZoe_4-1698720358849.png

EASIFY - MAKING SHOPIFY SIMPLE & SWEET!
Easify Product Options: Create custom product options 10X faster & easier!
Easify Product Attachments: Effortlessly add downloadable PDF files (or any other format) to Shopify pages!
Try for Free | 24/7 Live Chat Support