Can you message tagged customers on Shopify?

Steve_Optix
Explorer
43 0 32

Does anyone know if there is a way or app to message a group of customers with a particular order tag?

We have a seven day collection period for Local Pick Up orders and currently we have 162 orders uncollected, ordered over seven days ago, so we tagged the orders with 'OVERDUE COLLECTION' with the hope of finding a way to message them all to emplore them to collect their orders.

Cheers

Replies 4 (4)

JoesIdeas
Shopify Expert
2195 201 587

I don't think there's a way to do it in the Shopify admin, but I do something similar using an email marketing app (Klaviyo and ConvertKit are the 2 I use).

1) Filter the customers by tag in Shopify then export as csv

2) Import them to your email marketing software, with a tag or segment (however you organize in your software)

3) Now you can send a message to all those users

If you don't have an email marketing system set up yet and want some ideas, I wrote a guide based on my experience with Klaviyo to set up automated marketing funnels: https://speedboostr.com/automated-email-marketing-with-klaviyo.

Any email marketing software will have the ability to import a list and send out in bulk though.

• Creator of Order Automator (automate tagging, fulfillment, Amazon, notifications + more)
• Shopify developer for 10+ years, store owner for 7 years
• I also make guides like Shopify Automation Tips and How to Deal with Fraud / Chargebacks
Steve_Optix
Explorer
43 0 32

Hi, 

Many thanks for your suggestion, with respect that sounds a bit convoluted when I just needed an automated action. Luckily I think I've found a solution with this app - 'Unfulfilled Order Notifier'

Thank you

CloudlabSam
Shopify Partner
526 42 85

I would suggest checking out the Mechanic app. It can definitely do what you need and if you can't figure out how, they have a Slack channel with people to help.

Steve_Optix
Explorer
43 0 32

Thanks Sam, I've found what may be the solution but will keep that in mind as a Plan B 😉