Message Link Preview Image

smokedfashionco
2 0 0

In recent weeks, when sending our website www.smokedfashionco.com in a text message it has started to show our product images instead of our social sharing image that I have updated on both my theme customization and the dashboard theme preferences. The image works when we share on social media, but shows product images when shared via text message. Is there a different place to change it for this? 

0 Likes
sallybeeshelley
5 0 0

Oh, I see. When I send a text with my website it shows the banner picture of my page. Do you want the text to send the shopper to your website or to your social media page? 

0 Likes
sallybeeshelley
5 0 0

I just sent your website as a text to myself. I see what you mean now. Okay, follow these instructions below. Btw, your instagram page is awesome. I hope this helps you. 

1. From your Shopify admin, go to Online Store > Preferences.
  2. Find the Social sharing image section.
  3. To upload a new image, click Add image. To change the existing image, click Edit > Change image.
  4. Select the image from your computer that you want to show on social media.
  5. Click Save.
  6. From your Shopify admin, go to Online Store > Preferences.
  7. Find the Social sharing image section.
  8. To upload a new image, click Add image. To change the existing image, click Edit > Change image.
  9. Select the image from your computer that you want to show on social media.
  10. Click Save.
0 Likes

This image is controlled by a meta tag called og:image. You can search it yourself via view source => search 'og:image'. 

Now this is the share image: https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/0552/0130/0658/files/DSCF4372_410c429e-83f5-4808-8c56-b6db4628ca89...

For Facebook, use Facebook debugger to clear cache. For Twitter, use Twitter card validator.

For messages, it is controlled by Android and Apple. There is no tool to update link previews

SPO - SEO App to research keywords & edit social link preview
BYOB - Build Your Own Bundles
0 Likes